Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

GP Corsair Dihedral Gauge Question

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

GP Corsair Dihedral Gauge Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 02:20 PM
TexAg78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Corsair Dihedral Gauge Question

I am building the outer wing sections of a GP Corsair. Step 4 says to "draw a line through the two index marks of the ... dihedral gauge." Step 5 says to use the "90 degree back edge of the dihedral gauge to keep the ribs perpendicular to the building board." The problem is that the back edge of the DG is not 90 degrees. The line through the index marks are, but the back edge is off by a degree to two. I find it hard to believe the kit would have this kind of mistake in it, though. Is there something I'm missing here?
Old 03-30-2003, 03:06 PM
tonyd1

If I remember right, It should be off a little You want the bottom of the ribs on the building board but the inner most ribs have a slight angle tomeet the center section. test fit the first to see what I mean.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:19 PM
lslewis
My Feedback: (2)

Tex,

I am building the GP F-4U Corsair. I did not check the gauge but I used it and a professional 30 60 90 triangle. Did not notice an error. I found some other questionable instructions and you may find it helpful to read my thread at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...07&forumid=107

If I can be of any help email me anytime.)