Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Tiger 2 dual servo ailerons

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Tiger 2 dual servo ailerons

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:53 PM
9c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiger 2 dual servo ailerons

hello everyone, I have a completed tiger 2 (.40 size) model which uses one servo to control 2 ailerons. I just acquired an 8103 for my new helicopter that i bought, so i want to make my tiger 2 servo's for 2 ailerons. any ideas on how to do this?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tiger 2 dual servo ailerons

Cut the covering on the underside of the wing to expose the bays and ribs.

In the bay that is infront of the control horn for the aileron, make a servo mount. This is typically done with 1/4" square basswood. You also need to decide at this point if you are going to want/need hatches over the bays or if the servo tops are going to be exposed.

Make holes in the rest of the ribs to allow running of the servo wire to the center of the wing.

Install pull cords from the servo bay to the center of the wing.

Now you can recover the wing and then cut the covering just around the where the servo is to be installed (or for the hatchs ).

Pull the servo wire through to the center of the wing and connect them to a Y harness.

Screw your servos in place, plug the Y harness into the aileron channel on the receiver and make up pushrods from the servo arm to the control horn.

Depending on the wing construction, for ease of access and/or to conceal the servo, you may want to fabricate hatches for the servos from 1/16" balsa and secure the hatches to basswood rails with a screw in each corner of the hatch. Obviously the hatch will have to have an opening for the servo arm or pushrod to come through.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people would mount 2 servos side by side on the centre of wing. Linkage then stays similar except two servos, one for each aileron.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:10 PM
tstotts

For the size of that plane there should be nothing wrong with just mounting the two servos in the center of the wing and use the existing hardware to control the ailerons. No recovering and simple to do. I have done many planes of that size that way and the results were trouble free.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 AM
9c

i was actually trying to get servo's away from the center of the the wing, the area inside the fuselage is very crowded, i can hear the servo hitting something every time i give full right aileron. So i'm trying to do want campy is saying. Can you provide me with more detailed instructions on how to make the mounts for the servo?

Thank you all very much