Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

42% Smith Mini Plane short kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

42% Smith Mini Plane short kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:49 PM
paco ritter
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42% Smith Mini Plane short kit

Not sure where this post should be, so I'll start here, it's a cross between a "kit" and a "scratch built" project. By the end of this week, I should have in my possession a short kit cut by Dan Walton of Laser Technologies in Troy, MO. According to Dan, he has supplied me with an abundance of cut parts for this kit, more than a standard "short kit". He told me up front that anything he could laser cut for the kit that would make it quicker and easier for me, he would do so, not just the standard formers and rib short kit. This short kit is from a set of Harold Osborne plans for an 88" Smith Mini Plane bipe. I have had one of these jewels in the past and look forward to having another. Great flyer, large plane, really looks good and handles like a Cub on speed. Since he used my plans and scanned them for his use in his laser cutter, he is supplying me with a new set of plans that are scanned from the same machine so they will perfectly match the parts he has cut. He has another set of these plans and short kit already cut and ready to ship for $200 if anyone is interested. If you contact me, I'll put you in touch with him. The cowling and wheel pants for this plane are available from Fiberglass Specialties, so for about $300 you can move into a short kit with cowl, wheel pants, and plans. Once I get situated with everything and make an inventory of what is needed from that point, I might attempt to do a running sequence build thread on this aircraft. I will just have to see how it all works out. If you have any questions or interest in this project, contact me and I'll be glad to discuss with you. Thanks....PACO RITTER, Texarkana, Arkansas
Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 AM
richard2287

Default RE: 42% Smith Mini Plane short kit

I am right in the middle of a Don Smith P-51D build right now, and I have a 58" Smith Miniplane. The 88" sounds fun. I may be interested in that short kit and plans. Send me a note. I'll get it touch with you.
Richard
Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 AM
ron9844
My Feedback: (65)

Default RE: 42% Smith Mini Plane short kit

Any pictures of the short kit and plans, never heard of Harold Osborn plans. In the short kit is real plywood used or lite ply.

Ron