Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

What's with Mosquitobite Planes?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

What's with Mosquitobite Planes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's with Mosquitobite Planes?

Does anybody know what's happening with Mosquitobite Planes? I've been trying all year to get my hands on another T-Rex kit, but nobody has answered any of my e-mails and the site now carries a memorial to Andy Lennon (designer of the "Robin") who passed away last month.

They've had a signup list for the next batch of kits posted for the whole year. I've put myself on it several times, but no replies. The only kit that is/was available is the "Robin" kit.

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

papermache
Old 12-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's with Mosquitobite Planes?

Andy passed away last month? what a loss. Doc
Old 12-07-2007, 01:04 AM
AERORICH73

Hi Fellows: I just went on the internet, and found two websites for Mosquitobiteplanes. The one listing the TriPacer put me into the website for all three models. They have their e-mail address of: [email protected] I am going to send an e-mail to this address to see what response I get. During my communication with the engineer there in purchasing my TriPacer kit, he seemed like a very committed kit builder. It would be sad to loose this outfit with such remarkable models.

[email protected]
Old 12-07-2007, 04:23 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fellas,
I certainly did not mean to "gloss over" the death of Andy Lennon in my previous post. Yes, apparantly Andy died on Nov. 24th. He was 93 years old. I never met the man, but I've been around R/C long enough to recognize his name and know that he was a very innovative designer and builder. I'm sure he will be sorely missed.
In the meantime, I'm still working on getting ahold of Mosquitobite Planes to see when and/or how I can get a T-Rex kit. I have one and it's a great flyer. It was also about the most interesting building experience I've ever had. Talk about "thinking outside the box", the T-Rex is a classic example.

papermache
Old 12-08-2007, 04:20 PM
AERORICH73

papermache: I did not think you were glossing over the passing of Andy Lennon. I just received an e-mail from the engineer from Mosquitobite, and they are just taking a break for a while,BUT are not out of business. Having Andy's Robin model in their production of models, makes the passing of Andy a bit tougher to take. Their e-mail address is:
[email protected] I suggest you contact them to get some idea of what their production schedule will be, and check if they have you on the list for another kit. You are correct in commenting on the innovative design of their kits. I can only imagine how I would feel if damage should occur to my Tri Pacer once it was built.

Keep us posted as to when you will be getting your new T-REX kit.

[email protected]