Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Mustang flap mounting with hinge pins.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Mustang flap mounting with hinge pins.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:30 AM
seafish1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang flap mounting with hinge pins.

Is there a method or technique for mounting wings with concave trailing edge and flaps with convex leading edges? The rotation point of each hinge must be in the same line or each other hinge and I don't see an easy way of doing that. Any help or assistance will be welcomed.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:09 PM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Mustang flap mounting with hinge pins.

The radius of curvature of both the concave TE and the front of the flap have to be on the same center as the hinge line. Make up a cross section drawing and cut it out. Use a pin to represent the hinge line and see how the parts move relative to each other.

On many airplanes the hinge center line is "inside" the aileron. Others have it on the bottom surface or even below the bottom surface.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:31 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mustang flap mounting with hinge pins.

use robart hinge points,inset them into the flap le or airler le till the pin is where it should be for all.