Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Proctor Antic Monoplane 81" ... HELP

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Proctor Antic Monoplane 81" ... HELP

Old 12-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Lightning Fan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proctor Antic Monoplane 81" ... HELP

I bought a Proctor ANTIC monoplane, the big one, 81" from an estate sale guy. She is in real need of TLC, which includes repairing several broken surfaces, and rip and strip of the covering. I'm considering going electric with it, and some sort of linen covering. I've seen the guys that have converted this already, so no problem there.

I have no instructions, and no plans. I see occasional references in posts to rubber bands or o rings to attach flying wires. Also, the Proctor site has a photo of a center section, which makes the wing a parasol. The front end of this thing is odd, seemingly bolted on like a regular motor mount ... but it does not come off. It is the same mount that is on the Proctor site.

She was built in 73 I think from some of the builder's identification stickers.
I have email Proctor to ask for a download of the instructions. Hopefully, they will help me out.
Assuming that they cannot help me ... anyone out there have plans and/or instructions that they would be willing to copy and mail? I'll pay for these of course. I do not like being in the dark on this ship, given the wing mounting design.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:45 AM
vintageflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Proctor Antic Monoplane 81" ... HELP

Lightning, I have an Antic kit. I haven't started it yet, too many other kits going on right now, but if I can have the plans scanned to a pdf file and then mail you the file. You can easily have the file printed to a working set of plans by going down to Kinkos. I do have a few sets I plan to have scanned, but am quite poor at this time (long vacation and over spending for x-mas will do that[:@]) but if you can wait about a week I can email you your set.
I can also trace out any parts you may need to make. Let me know.
For now here's pics of the 3 sheets of plans. If close ups pics will tie you oveer until I have them scanned, just ask

DM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92118.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	833598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10842.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	833599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34014.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	833600  
Old 12-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Lightning Fan

WOW!! Way more than I hoped for, Vintage! I am in no rush on this one, as I'm building a ZP-38 now, but this would be great. I'll reimburse you for the pdf conversion as well. I have done the Kinko's thing, so no problem there.
Were there instructions with the plans, or are they just notes on the plans? I've read about using fishing line in the flying wires at the kingpost, and would like to get the info on this from the kit instructions.
Thanks again, and good holidays to you.
Regards,
Rikk
Old 12-25-2007, 09:44 AM
vintageflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Lightning I sent you a PM

DM
Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Clipwing
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Proctor Antic Monoplane 81

Vintage Flier and OR LIGHTNING FAN

are either of you folk still active on this sitewith this question RE HELP ! I was just given an old Antic and asked to make her flyable again. the plane in in great shape a few snags of the covering (monocote) and somesuperfical hanger rash, biggest problem I have is the rigging of this old girl , the CG , and how to get inside here to remount the servos(these were old and huge !)
I've been scratch building for better than 40 years but have never had a chance to work with anything like this aircraftbeautifuly constructed .
going to have to replace the old FOX engine as the barrel on the carb is rusted solid shut, thinking of going to a 4 stroke likley a 70 4cyc .

would love to get a set up plans and or the instructions for bulding and rigging her. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
THANK YOU AFOREHAND

Clipwing /A.L.Lockrow
[email protected]
Old 03-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Lightning Fan

Ain't RC just great!
OK, so I have one in exactly the same shape, although I need to rip the covering off, and refinish some of the wood.

After beating on the website for months, I finally got a set of plans. I'll start looking for them. I have not started work on mine in favor of other priorities, but I have an OS 91 four stroke I was going to use. There is a lot of data on the plans about flying wires you need to see.

I ripped out the old servos and put them in the museum ... mine is not rigged per plan in terms of the surfaces. I was going change to pull pull on both rudder and elevator for looks, and go to two serovs for the ailerons. The firewall is a mess on mine.

Once I find the plans, I'll see about copying ... I assume you would foot the bill for copy charges and mailing? Let me know.

Oh, and I've been flying since I was 12, and I'm 56 now ... we're the same vintage. I assume you remember the Antic on floats on the cover of RCM with the model in the bikini?
Regards,
Rikk
Old 03-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Clipwing

Rikk,
Thanks for the reply! Absolutely if you can find the plans I would be most willing to cover the duplicating and mailing costsOR if you can get them scanned and into your computer...do you know Drop Box...its an app that lets you place full files in and then I could import them and cut a disc & have the plans run off here no mailing involved. (still would be glad to cover scan costs!)

yes we are nearly the same vintage, I have you by a few years ...do remember the bikin model on the cover of RCM but was that an Antic...darn memory tends to go first !!

question?? is the top of the forward fuselage a hatch screwed into place using the upper wiring tripodso that would give access to the area right below for servos etc thats the only way I see anyone could get into that area....all the servos on this bird were pulled out so I can see the mounts but my fat hands wont get down that cockpit hole !!

saw someone put up images of the 3 sheets of plans but I don't think I can get them to size up and be printable. SO I appreciate your help in any way !! THanKs !!!

OH.......do you know was there any seperate instructions with that plane ?? I'm a scratch builder so the plan set should be great great but never hurts to ask.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Lightning Fan

Yes, I had to remove the four screws that hold the four legged brass tubing flying wire attachment point to get the hatch to come out. It is very roomy inside.
I'll advise about the plans, but it might be this coming weekend before I can do it.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Lightning Fan

Clipwing -
I'm still hunting those plans. I'm sure I have a set, but I cannot find them. As soon as I find them, I'll advise you.

Good news!! Plans found, two large sheets. Taking to Kinko's tomorrow. Please PM me an address, I'll get you a price for the plans and shipping by email. I'll fold them if that is OK, to save on mailing charges. Please confirm you still have interest.
Regards,
Rikk
Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Clipwing

Rikk,
absolutely still would like to have the plan set :Antic !!! you found them -EXCELLENT!!! PM on the way !!!
Clipwing