Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

looking for an f6f hellcat.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

looking for an f6f hellcat.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:10 PM
RibTickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for an f6f hellcat.

Hey guys, I`m looking at building another plane, though I haven`t built many I have built a couple trainer planes, sig smith miniplane and such, so I have a bit of experience with building. What I`m looking for is a hellcat in say the .90+ 2stroke range, but not bigger than say a 1.5. Retractable landing gear is nice, but i`d like to see working flaps. I`ll prolly go with a nice 4 stroke on it. any suggestions? if you need more info feel free to ask. oh and I have a 6 channel digital radio.

Thanks in advance![8D]
Old 12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: looking for an f6f hellcat.

There are only 2 kits that I know of out there and I have built both. The wing hellcat and the old Jemco Hellcat. The jemco has a foam wing and would be difficult to fit retracts into. It is actually just a smaller version of the Wing kit although the wing kit is the newer of the 2. Jemco is no longer around and wing kits are kinda pricey.You can find the Jemcos on ebay. I have a pic in my gallery of the Wing Hellcat with a rcv 90. Good luck
Old 12-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Skyshark built the best one I had ever seen. I had the pleasure to build one for A friend but they were A bit on the high end for prices. Sorry to say they had just closed there doors this year. You may do A search and find one or contact them to see if they know if there are any floating around out there.
Another thing to do would be buy the H-9 ARF and recover it with something more real looking like A Tex covering.
MAN has A set of plans for one if I recall and you can look up the plans on the AMA site.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there aren't many .90 size cat kits arround , there's the jerry bates , but its an 80 inch span
, i think bob holman has plans for a 60 or 90 size, mabey some ribs and formers go with it
, youd have to go to www.bhplans.com and check it. you might have to go ARF Hanger 9
Old 12-31-2007, 11:05 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few 90 size Bearcats AFs around, I think KMP and one other, Global, I guess. Wait a minute, Hangar 9 has a Hellcat ARF that is about 90 size, comes with retracts. The scheme is a little funky , but is easly dolled up.
Oops, this is the kit building forum , ain't it ? Well, I have the Jemco Hellcat and I think they are great. They run about 150 on ebay.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:11 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ID GO brian taylor , you'll get just the wing and tail ribs , but there's and option for a glass fuse
. you could also find kit cutter for the rest of the parts. after you get all this done your almost
going to spend as much as the bates , especially if you buy the glass fuse. if your into
cutting parts do the taylor, but right now there's no assesorries, either. you may have to go aaarrff

The bates will fly better and you dont have to worry about weight , because it will handle it
better than the .90 size , but the retracts and everything else will drain all the green

top flight should produce a large HELLCAT , 70 TO 80 inch kit,, but i dont think they ever will
because there headed for the arf market