Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

DuBro E/Z Connectors

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

DuBro E/Z Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:23 PM
doublesixes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DuBro E/Z Connectors

Guys, I have one question.
Is it Ok to use a Dubro E/Z Connector 440 for a 25% Extra?
I would like to use that solution instead of ball links or clevises but I'm concerned about reliability.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:33 PM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: DuBro E/Z Connectors

There is a thread in Q&A about z bends and other ways to do the conections one uses a 90 bend with small wheel collars to hold the wire in the servo arm. I don't know how to put the link up but it's a heated discussion. I am going to try the wheel collars on my next build.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

I looked those up on line. They are the heavy duty version of the basic ez connector, right? Those have been used successfully in 40 - 46 sized planes for years. The general rule of thumb that I was taught / follow is to build it redundent safety, especially in larger more demanding applications. They probably could and will work, otherwise you would think Dubro wouldn't make them. That said, in a larger high demand situation like an Extra, I would choose to have a more fail safe system. I use one of the ball & socket load bearing designs, usually the Sullivan ball in a race. It provides a slop free non binding connetion and allows degress of freedom as the arc of motion is encountered from the servo arm into the surface being moved. Let us all know what you do, Send pictures and a follow up. Doc
Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 AM
gunfighterII

Yes, it's OK on the throttle.

And foamie park flyers.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The ball and socket fittings will give you much more reliable and slop free service. On that size plane, I'd recommend the 4-40 size.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have used them on my rudder servo arm for pull/pull systems on A number of planes over 1/4 scale without any slop or problems. Almost always one end of my throttle has one. It's not my first choice but they work very well. I use the metal keeper on them, not the rubber ones. I have A small hole drilled into my building board and I give them A good whack with A little hammer to seat them on with the pin going into the hole, sometimes they are too tight and you have to put A little slop into them so they turn.
Like everything on RCU you will find people that love them and hate them. I never use the Z-bends myself but they work great for others.
Give them A try and find out for yourself if you like them or not. They sometimes do get slop in them from wear, if it's A problem go to something else at that point.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:38 PM
phjoker
My Feedback: (4)

IMHO. you are probally spending a lot of money already on the 25% plane, I would not skimp on the hardware
I would go with the Ball links