Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sullivan "rubber nuts"?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sullivan "rubber nuts"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:40 PM
Oregon Craig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sullivan "rubber nuts"?

I have always used the push rods that came with each kit, but this time I bought a set of Sullivan Gold-n-rods with the gold looking clevises. The little chunk of black tubing that comes with this, I assume is to be cut up and used to keep the clevises closed? I have used fuel line in the past to do this. 2 things make me wonder if this is right:
1. Sullivan calls these "rubber nuts".
2. These clevises come with the little locking clips.

Since the instructions are vague, anyone know if I am missing a real cool application of black rubber tubing here? Or am I assuming correctly.

Thanks, Craig - N7OR
Old 04-20-2003, 11:17 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Sullivan "rubber nuts"?

N7OscarRomeo:

The "Rubber Nuts" are to keep the housing of the actual push rod from sliding out of place. I never use them - rough the outside of the housing with sandpaper and glue them in place with CA.

The Sullivan clevises, as you noted, have steel clips to keep them from opening, but you can be a "Belt and Suspenders" man and use a small bit of fuel tubing slid on as added insurance.

Bill.