Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Looking for old kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Looking for old kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:54 PM
f15eagle
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for old kit

Hi, I am trying to locate either plans or a kit of I believe Zia Models F-106 Delta Dart vintage mid to late 70s. This kit used a 1/4 inch balsa sheeting for the wing. If you have a kit and would be willing to make a copy of the plans let me know. The plans were not full size but it showed location of radio gear and CG. Thanks in advance for any help. Arthur
Old 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM
jrbmoto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for old kit

I built one of those back in the early '90s, sorry but I didn't save the plans. It wasn't that great of a flyer from what I remember. I suppose this was because of the lack of any airfoil. It didn't want to fly inverted probably because of all the reflex required on the elevons to make it fly rightside up. It would do about 4 rolls per second though, if you alike a fast roll rate, this is the plane for you!

-Johnny-
Old 02-22-2008, 08:38 PM
f15eagle
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for old kit

Johnny, Thanks for the info. I remember two friends back in the early 80s that flew this model. They had a blast with them and you are right they mostly flew fast and did alot of rolls. I do remember they could land at a high AOA with power which was pretty neat.

Arthur