Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

1.20 Cessna reversing ailerons

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

1.20 Cessna reversing ailerons

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
DerekChurch12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.20 Cessna reversing ailerons

I am trying to finish my CMP Cessna 1.20. I cannot figure out how to reverse the ailerons. They move in the same direction. I tried a reversing y-harness but had no luck but I dont even know if I was using it right. My Jr Sport transmitter has a reverse funtion but it only makes both ailerons reverse but still both move in the same direction. The servos are installed in the wing exactly like the book said so I know this isnt the problem. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? Im sure it is something simple. Thanks in advance. Derek C.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 1.20 Cessna reversing ailerons

Move both servo horns so that both point either towards the wingtips or the center of the wing.

Is it possible that you have both servo horns pointing in the same direction? IE--left one pointing at the wing tip and right one pointing at the fuselage.

Can you post a pic of the setup?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:53 AM
r2champion

If you have to use a Y-harness you will have to reverse the throw of one of the servos rather than using your radio to correct this problem as Rcpilot has suggested. You might have to either mount your pushrod to the opposite side of the servo horn (and move over your control surface horn to compensate), or flip the servo over if they mounted on thier sides. This all depends on your setup. Pics of your setup would be necassary.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
DerekChurch12

Thank you both for your advice. I realize now that I just wasnt paying attention. Since the servos are mirrored in the wing I only need a regular y harness. When I used the reversing y harness this was causing the ailerons to move in the same direction. Now my problem is with the flaps. The servos for those are mirrored too however when I use the reversing y harness with them the go opposite directions. Do you know why this is happening? Will I use a regular y harness for the flaps too?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 AM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A y-harness should work. But both servo arms must point either to the left or right. I.E. just the opposite setup as your ailerons.