Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Fokker dr1 1/4 scale control setup

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Fokker dr1 1/4 scale control setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 04:27 PM
boat_man45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fokker dr1 1/4 scale control setup

Once again im looking for other mods for my Fokker dr1 im building and need some help from those with experience. So far im to the point where i need to start with controls and I want to make the plane more realistic as possible without Balsa usa idea with the exposure of the servos to the ailerons. And i'm thinking towards the idea of bellcranks and have not the idea of setting them up. so plz help if possible thanks.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:00 PM
FokkerAce

Default RE: Fokker dr1 1/4 scale control setup

Standard setup would put the servo(s) in the fattest part of the wing, and run pushrods to bellcranks to the ailerons, or nyrods to the ailerons.
BalsaUSA's setup could be used with lo-profile servos to minimize the servo exposure.
Major re-think would be to put torque tubes from the ailerons to the wing center and run pushrods into the fuselage.....no servos in wing at all [like Nieuport 11/17's, others]

can u post part of plan that hols wing servo, and airfoil?

FA[8D]
Old 03-19-2008, 08:54 AM
flygilmore

Default RE: Fokker dr1 1/4 scale control setup

I assume that you are building the BUSA kit? I have just finished this kit (very easy by the way) and have done many, many mods to incorporate scale features. As far as the ailerons, I built ply "plates" and mounted the servos on their sides and used a short pushrod to connect to the scale control horns that I made from ply/carbon. I then connected another pushrod to the top surface of the aileron horn and it went into the upper surface of the wing to mimick the pull/pull setup used on the full size. It all depends on how accurate you want to go with your setup. Building the plane totally stock takes no time-it's adding/making accurate changes that takes time.

I also used many things from GTM and have incorporated scale bungeed landing gear and oak tail skid/wing skids. Check out rc scale builder . com (no spaces of course when you type) as there is a long, detailed thread from bruno1 over there with the same kit. I will be glad to send any pics/offer help from what I have done to mine ( 403/17 by the way). Chevelle on this site has also done a very short build thread that I am sure would help you as well (titled fokker DR1 build along I believe-you can search for it). Good luck!