Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

TF Piper Arrow II questionns

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

TF Piper Arrow II questionns

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TF Piper Arrow II questionns

Hi guys, I posted this in the scale forum a few weeks ago, but got little action:

For all you Arrow builders, I have a few questions. Most of them have to do with tthe Fiberglass Specialty parts.

1) Am I safe to assume the wheel hubs are for Robart wheels only? Do the wheels go on the axles with a collar, then you hollow out the hubs and screw them on for the opposite side?

2) how does one go about attaching and using the wheel well covers?

3) Did you guys keep the slant in the cowl, or build up the short side of the fuse with balsa to straighten everything out?

Thanks for your replies.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:56 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: TF Piper Arrow II questionns

I'll have to give it another look...it's been a while since I worked on the bird....
Old 07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Ron Marwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I jut joined RC Universe tonight, hoping that I could find someone else building the TF Arrow. I am building mine as a "Warrior" with fixed gear and wheel pants. I have built my own fiberglass cowl and have kept the slant in it. I have not selected the engine that will fly it yet.
I am hoping to find out if a 25 or 26 cc gas will fit on it.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Deadeye

Hello, Ron. Welcome to RC Universe. The best place for guys like us to hang out. I'm fitting mine with a Magnum 91 4 stroke. The high end on this plane would be a 120 glow 4 stroke. It is a light plane, if not scaled out; so perhaps I could better answer your question if you told me the estimated AUW. My scale TF 182 is 14 pounds (Magnum 91 on it too), and I'm going to scale my Arrow in the same fashion, but I estimate it's finished weight at 12 or 13 pounds, with Robart retracts. It's only half built, so I could be way off on my estimates, but I'm sure a 91 Mag will fly it "scale". I'm afraid a gasser will just be too heavy, but I could be wrong. Good luck on whatever you decide, and please post the results.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Ron Marwood

Hi Deadeye, I have read some other posts about the Arrow and power used on it and have decide to stay with my original plan to power it with my OS 91 4c and to disregard my friends "suggestion" that I go gas.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:31 AM
teebox11
My Feedback: (33)

I built two, one with a 26cc gas, the other with the Saito 180. Neither one is too much for the plane, both sure sound great, and of course, lots of power. Glassed both with 2.5oz glass. Which ever way you go, you'll love it. I found it to be a great kit to build, just as the 51 is, the 85 incher. Is that a word, "incher"? Have fun!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Deadeye

ORIGINAL: teebox11

I built two, one with a 26cc gas, the other with the Saito 180. Neither one is too much for the plane, both sure sound great, and of course, lots of power. Glassed both with 2.5oz glass. Which ever way you go, you'll love it. I found it to be a great kit to build, just as the 51 is, the 85 incher. Is that a word, "incher"? Have fun!
teebox, are you talking about the same plane we are? The Top Flite Piper Arrow II? How did you manage ground clearance with the prop?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Ron Marwood

Hi Everyone,
I assembled my Arrow yesterday and weighed it. In the state shown it weighs 11 pounds 9 ounces. With the rest of the covering and require paint it should still be less that 13 pounds. The OS 91 should be able to fly it in a scale manner. Shown also is the full scale bird I am copying.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90290.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1005818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71745.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1005819  
Old 12-25-2009, 08:33 AM
warbird2
My Feedback: (8)

Ron, how did your Arrow turn ou on the end. I am doing preparation to build the Arrow III with the kit. The wing is modified ( tapered and thinjner) to be like your full scaale picture. Also I am planning a OS 91 FX. Could you post picture of your engine muffler installation. Thanks
Ray
Old 12-25-2009, 08:38 AM
warbird2
My Feedback: (8)

Teebox, could you post pictures of your glassed wing. I am planning to glass mine with .5. and monokote the rest.
Ray
Old 12-25-2009, 03:40 PM
heritageman
My Feedback: (4)

I would love to have the piper arrow kit if anyone knows of any.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:42 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw one on R/C Universe for sale a couple of days ago.....check out the marketplace!