Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

senior telemaster throws

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

senior telemaster throws

Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default senior telemaster throws

I am building from plans a plane that is very similar in dimensions to the senior telemaster. I dont have any thing to go on as far as control throws. The plane I am building has ailerons and flaps.

Just for comparison what are the sizes of the control surfaces (rons, flaps, rudder, elevator) on the telemaster and what are the recommended throws?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:48 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: senior telemaster throws

As much throw as you can get on high rate, then 60% of that for low rate.

Ed Cregger
Old 04-20-2008, 01:29 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 139 Likes on 118 Posts
Default RE: senior telemaster throws

Hi Gringo Flyer

I would strongly recommend that you rig up the aileron travel so that the up travel on the ailerons excedes the down travel by a factor of 2 to 1. This is called differential.

There are two ways in which this may be done by adjusting the control throws with the programming of a computerised transmitter or by positioning the out put arm of the servo at 45 degrees to neutral position rather than the more usual 90 degrees. Imagine a clock face instead of having the output arm pointing at the "3," position it so that it is between half-way between the "1" and the "2." This is easier to do than explain but it will give you some differential.

You may also find that mixing in 50% rudder with the aileron will help in the turns, or you may apply rudder and aileron simultaneously in the turns of course.

Happy Landings

David Davis.

P.S. My ancestors migrated to Patagonia in the late nineteenth century before moving to the USA and then back to Wales in 1902.