Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

OS 46LA ON A "SIG SONTHING EXTRA"

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

OS 46LA ON A "SIG SONTHING EXTRA"

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:46 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 46LA ON A "SIG SONTHING EXTRA"

Geoff,
I would not say the SSE flys poorly, just a little differently than maybe we are used to. If kept light the SSE is a great flyer and will just about slow to a crawl without stalling. Most pilots tent to overpower this model and it is not one that responds well to that. A stong .46 with a light airframe is a very good combination. The one big difference I have noticed on this plane is it has a tendancy to steepen the climb on take off. Pop the plane off the ground on take off and if your not ready for it the climb will approach vertical.

My comment on the canopy should have read canopy frame. You need to put some kind of seal around this area to prevent fuel from creeping under this frame and into the radio compartment.
Cheers
JEB
Old 04-26-2008, 08:54 AM
SKYHI1

Scott,

I am going off the OS manual. It is specifying a 11x6 prop. I am sure you are that I am going to get more rpm with the 10x6. I might have to mount it on my test stand and see how difference with a tach between the 10x6 and 11x6. Mostly I want to see if there is any real dif with the baffle removed.

Plainfield is on the far south western side of Chicago. Right off Hwy 55 and Hwy 126. Just by Joliet and Aurora. It used to be a quiet farming comunity till new home subdivisions started going up in every farm field. My flying club is still in the corn fields. I fly with the "Grundy Aera Aeromodelers" , Morris, IL.

You have to come down and visit Chicago for a good "Beef Sandwhich".

Frank
Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 AM
SKYHI1

JEB,

A near vertical take off? Thank you for the warning. I will have to watch out for that. My experience has been with sport planes. I have several seasons experience now. I like speed. Most of the time I am at full throttle. I just bought a Magnum XL.53 I think I am going to mount that to my Ugly Stick and see how high of a vertical I can get with that.

Frank
Old 04-26-2008, 10:57 AM
jagnweiner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, yes. I have fond high school marching band memories of traveling to Morris to march in the Grundy County Cornfest parade.