Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

IKON NORTHWEST ?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

IKON NORTHWEST ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IKON NORTHWEST ?

DOES anyone know what the heck is up with IKON NORTHWEST? the phone # is NFG
the website is a constant, we will respond within 24 hrs , and they never do. they could at least
let people know if their having a prob , by posting it on the site.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:38 PM
boxbeam
My Feedback: (188)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IKON NORTHWEST ?

Yeah same here, tried to call and both numbers are no longer in service. Emailed them Friday and still no response. I think they have gone ka-poot.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

I will try and remember to ask someone who should know tomorrow, IKON is right here close to me. If I find out anything I will pass it along. They haven''t done much after purchasing it from Emil Neeley several years ago?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:24 AM
boxbeam

Thanks Gizmo, would like to know if they are still around or if they have sold out to someone else.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:10 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A guy named Aaron Silk was the last owner I talked to. He bought Ikon from Emil; hasn''t been the best guy to deal with. I managed to get a UPF Waco kit from him about a year ago. He said he was gradually converting all the kits to laser cut, had great plans. He should at least make some kind of statement on the site, like, "Get one if you think you can", or "I''ll be back........eventually"[X(]

From what I have heard about Emil''s service, he''s probably rolling in his grave right now (hope he''s not gone, though, he designed some NICE kits)
Old 04-15-2008, 06:07 PM
boxbeam

I had read here on RCU that Emil had passed away in 2004 I think it was. Don''t know what the problem was, but I guess he frequented the flying field where this fellow flew and spoke about his passing on another thread here somewhere. Yes Ken, he sure designed some beautiful aircraft, a tremendous loss to the giant scale kit industry.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:40 PM
WhiteRook

thanks for the info .
Old 04-15-2008, 08:01 PM
boxbeam

WHITEROCK, does Nelson and Ann Castle still have their hobby shop there in Westbrook? Been years since I have been there, used to stop there all the time when we went to Pt. Sebago for the Funflys or just a vacation.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:09 PM
WhiteRook

box , not that i know of, do you you know what area
of westbrook it was in? we only have one hobby shop in the area, in falmouth, it used to be
in portland. ITS funny because , i haven't joined any of the local clubs , i get a thrill
from building lately . I have a trainer all set up to go as a tail dragger , but when i contacted
one of the clubs they said the would not like to train me on that and i spent alot of time building it.
if you hear anything else about ikon , give me a thread here

thanks

dan
Old 04-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, business has kept me real busy.
Two leads, Bryan Batch ar B&B Hobby Shop in Spokane 509-487-2122. Also try Bruce Nelson, AMA Dist 11 VP who lives in Spokane, his info is in the AMA site, etc.
Bruce
Old 06-16-2008, 07:54 PM
stratosn
My Feedback: (26)

I got a respond from Ikon Northwest today. I was interested in a Beaver. They said they were still retooling. They had some things but it would be in the fall before they would be in operation. He said he did not check his E-mail very regular now so be patient. Both of the phone no.s did not work. That is what I received today, Monday, June 16th. Thanks, Nick