Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

1/4 cub club !

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

1/4 cub club !

Old 04-16-2008, 09:00 PM
mjg3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 cub club !

is there anyone who has or is building the Sig 1/4 Cw Cub ? i have been considering a kit for my next plane and i am leaning toward the C/W Cub. i consider myself an intermediate builder and flyer. im looking for some feedback on this kit as far as the material, build, and flying { i do have an OS160 twin that needs a home} will be greatly appericated[8D] thanks!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:42 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 cub club !

It is a great flying plane,
It is a builders kit but the results are well worth it. You can do a search here and find my build thread, I cover every aspect of the build.
Anthony
Old 04-18-2008, 09:19 AM
mjg3

anthony great thread on the cub! its funny you used sigs koverall i have been wanting to get away from film and try it. this will be the one to do it. where can i get more info on the prep and applying koverall. i do have 1/2 a wing assy and otherparts to pratice on before i get to covering the cub [8D] thanks mike
Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
EF

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: mjg3

is there anyone who has or is building the Sig 1/4 Cw Cub ? i have been considering a kit for my next plane and i am leaning toward the C/W Cub. i consider myself an intermediate builder and flyer. im looking for some feedback on this kit as far as the material, build, and flying { i do have an OS160 twin that needs a home} will be greatly appericated[8D] thanks!
I'm at the finishing stages of this one. It's a builder's model, I have enjoyed every minute of it.
First class materials, design, hardware, simply - a Sig kit, that sums it up.

My first Sig kit was the Smith Miniplane, built two years ago, fly it nearly every weekend, if the CW Cub flys as good it's going to be simply fantastic.

Do note however that the thicker parts are printed, you need to cut them up yourself, only the thinner sheets are die cut.
Die cutting is perfect, clean and precise. The printed parts are also amazingly accurate and match the plans 100%.

Mine is now covered and some of it painted in primer. Covering is nylon and sanding sealer (Dave Brown Skyloft). My Smith Miniplane was also covered this way and it is very durable and light (painted in brushed on polyurethane paint).

If you like to build "proper models" by yourself, go for it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22235.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	931969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65434.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	931970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39625.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	931971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv61606.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	931972  
Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
mjg3

looking good! EF i cant wait to get going with mine, i just got to make sure my honey do's are caught up first! and not to rush the build it looks like it has alot of potential!!!! thanks mike[8D]
Old 04-19-2008, 06:08 AM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

mjg3,
Koverall is a great product, I am building a Pepino 1/4 scale Waco YMF-5 and I will be covering it with Koverall also. Check out the thread in the Scratch builld forum and you will get some more info. Ken (Big_Bird) is covering his Waco now and is using Polycrylic to attach the fabric instead of dope. I am going to try this method.
Later!!
Anthony
Old 04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Cub Man
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the best, (just my 2 cents) covering is no longer available. I just used the last of my supply on the L-4 I’m building. I’m talking about Super Coverite.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:56 PM
kamakazie frank
My Feedback: (2)

Cub Man:

I agree with you on Super Coverite that's what I cover mine in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81854.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	934239