Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

SIG 1/5 scale cub

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SIG 1/5 scale cub

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
PetesCub
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIG 1/5 scale cub

Putting together the second (right) wing I have noticed that I have made a mistake on the leading edge of the first wing I built (left). I failed to trim down the leading edge sheet so ithe trailing edge would rest halfway along the main spar. Instead, I simply glued in the entire 3" sheet which overshoots the main spar approx. .50 inches or so. I ignorantly went ahead and finished the wing (including installing all the rib cap strips etc.), and did not notice this mistake until I started building the second wing. My question is this: Will it be OK to simply build the other wing the same way? The only trouble I can imagine is a small amount of extra weight (I figure very nominal). Being new to this I wanted to appeal to someone who may know this model and whether their are any future problems that I can't anticipate. Thanks for any help you may offer, Pete[/size]
Old 05-13-2008, 07:11 PM
rogsteele

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SIG 1/5 scale cub

If you can not fix the first wing, by all means build the second too match the first, it should fly good, I finised one about a year ago and they are great flyers, they build light so I doubt if that .50 extra on the wing sheeting will matter
Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It won't make any difference at all, just build the second wing the same way.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the two wings match....that's all that counts - after all it IS a Cub