Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Pilot brand piper cub 20

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Pilot brand piper cub 20

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 07:41 PM
k-harr26
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot brand piper cub 20

I reciently recieved a kit partialy built but no instructions or windshield. If anyone has any ideas where I can get these items I would appriciate it.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:01 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pilot brand piper cub 20

Many Pilot kits do/did not come with instructions. Most have a single sheet with several very basic steps outlined, but otherwise you must follow the plans. As far as the windshield, good luck. This kit went out of production when the Pilot factory burned down several years ago. All tooling was lost in the fire. As a result, all of the old kits and parts were lost leaving only those products they developed during the rebuild.

With a little bit of patience, you should be able to make your own windshield by cutting and forming a flat piece of acetate available at most hobby shops.

Good luck,
John