Several months ago I picked up a set of plans that were with an original Mini Mambo box from an antique store, I made a copy of them at Kinko's. A short while ago I decided to start building a new plane from it. I decided to post the build progress here in the kit builders section since the build is based upon those plans, even though it's a scratch build.
The plane is 2 channel and I decided to make some revisions to it since I am not thrilled with only 2 channel control, especially since I fly typically in windy conditions. I'm going with aileron/elevator control on it, I ditched the dihedral as well. I also decided for old times sakes, I'll cover this one in tissue paper. I used the stock I had left over from my Guillow's giant scale kits for most of it and just for a challenge and to help keep the weight down on the wing I used yellow dollar store tissue paper. The latter is really difficult to use but the results from it so far are adequet, it actually paints on sheeted surfaces quite well though such as the ailerons. In addition, I'll have the servo's all mounted to the fuse externally, I also gave the stabalizer a lift based airfoil, this should cause the aft section of the plane to rise upwards which will help set the COG without adding balast in theory. I went the latter route because it's originally designed for fueled flight. The ailerons will also be attached to the trailing edge of the wing which simplifies the build and increases the chord a bit.
I'm going electric with it, I set it up to accomodate a 3 cell, 11.1, 1000 mah lipo pack, not sure which b/l motor I'm going to be using but there are plenty of options in that area these days. The wingspan is 36".