Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

REALLY REALLY OLD FLAPERON SET UP!!

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

REALLY REALLY OLD FLAPERON SET UP!!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default REALLY REALLY OLD FLAPERON SET UP!!

A friend I fly with {BOBZILLA} gave me A very old Corsair that had the oddest flaperon system I had ever seen. This plane is in really good shape too. Not sure of the kit maker but the build was well over 20 years ago and the builder was outstanding!!!
It took me A while to figure this all out because there were no servos installed.
The front servo operates the ailerons like A normal single servo system. {Sorta} The control arm is on A pivot, home made too. The rear servo is on A ball link and can push or pull the swivel control arm and will act like A modern flaperon system.
I had to make up new control arms/wheels because I haven't A clue as to what type of servos were in here before, never seen any shaft cuts like this before.
Just thought I would share. Not too many years ago we didn't have computer radios and this is what some of the old pilot/builders had to come up with to make things work.
I have the back servo hooked into ch. 5 so I just hit my gear switch and down come the flaps. How cool is that??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37879.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	976319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69334.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	976320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15482.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	976321  
Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Mr. E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REALLY REALLY OLD FLAPERON SET UP!!

thats actualy not a flaperon mixer ive seen that in great planes catalog its a v tail mixer but thats so cool that it works for flaperons
Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Mr. E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i made a mistake i meant dubro
Old 06-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Correct!! I was just shown what it was, Du-Bro RC V-Tail mixer and it's still being made and sold for $10.70. I spent hours getting this one set up and working, made the changes for new servos and setting it up.
I have been building and flying sense the mid 50s and into RC for over 12 years now and this was the first time I had ever seen anything like this. I have never done anything with A V-Tail at all though. I was also told about the slidding servo tray to do the same thing too.