Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

lightening Telemaster 2000 ARC ??

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

lightening Telemaster 2000 ARC ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lightening Telemaster 2000 ARC ??

Hi all,
I am just about to cover an old Telemaster 2000 ARC that I got out of mothballs from a freind . It was never covered and needed some TLC to get into shape.

I want to know if it can be lightened some it seems quite heavy.

This one is boxier or wider in the fuse than some of the more recent Telemasters I've seen. It has a shaped balsa cowl and lots of preshaped or milled balsa parts such as TE and LE and fuse longeron corners. Double layered ply fuse sides with cut outs on the inner layer. I was thinking some of the inner layer lightening holes could go through to the outer layer.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:03 AM
commpilot5

Default RE: lightening Telemaster 2000 ARC ??

I don't know if I would try to make it any lighter or not. I know several guys in our club have just purchased the new Telemasters which are ARF's and they had to beef up the plane because it was so flimizy.

If I had your plane I would leave it as is and use a little more motor. you have one of the better made Telemasters. However if you have to make it lighter I would put some lighting holes where it won't hurt the strenght of the structure.
But again at the risk of repeating myself, I would just get a little more motor because you have a real good plane there. (wish I had one)
Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks,
I have made certain parts of this bird heavy duty as it will be an "air truck" or tug for towing and piggy backing up gliders. I have an old Halco alum gear on it and 3.5 inch dubro low bounce wheels a stout tail wheel and it will use an OS 91FX 2 cycle motor. This 91 is only a little heavier than the OS 60 as it uses the same case. I also went with stronger servo arms and arrow shaft pushrods and stronger control surface horns, separate aileron servos. Diss tow release. I should be able to tow or carry up to a 3 meter glider no problem.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of the "Scorpio" Telemaster 2000's as well. I haven't built mine but your right, They're beefy. I'm not crazy about the wire gear either. It seems like it's very well made. Italy, I think...

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of yours and finding out how it flies.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:45 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello,
Would anyone happen to have the manual in pdf format?
Thank you
Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

What is the current weight, wingspan, and what is the wing area? I ask as to better answer you.

Bob
Old 08-27-2013, 11:16 AM
computermonkey

Hi Bob,
79" wingspan, 875 sq in wing area, 52" long. .40-.60 size engine. Has flaps.

Sorry this is all I know.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
sensei

I ask the current weight so I can an estimate a completed wing loading. That will tell me if you need to perform any lightening on your as is airframe. So can you weigh it and tell me what is being weighed? Feel free to place anything that is going to be on the airplane ready to fly while weighing, engine, prop landing gear, wheels and tires, radio gear batteries, ect. If you don't have any of it I will estimate it in.

Bob
Old 08-27-2013, 01:15 PM
computermonkey

Thanks, but I am just wanting the instruction manual.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:06 PM
sensei

Yes of course your right, I see that Oz Mo has stopped posting anything in regards to lightening his airplane.

Bob