Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Winter Projects

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Winter Projects

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Projects

I'm trying to line up some winter builds and thought I would like to build a Yak 54 in .40 to .90 range. I really don't like to go much over that as storing them and transporting them become a problem. Does anyone know who is kitting and selling one in that size range? Thanks, folks

Max
Old 09-30-2008, 11:09 AM
hrrcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winter Projects

Max,

I don't know of any YAK kits available in that size range. However, I believe you can still get a 60 size Extra 300 kit from Greatplanes which is also an excellent flying airplane.

Good luck with your search and building...
Old 09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really haven't seen many YAK 54 kits around, maybe large ones but no mid size. He's right thou, get the GP extra 300S in a 60 size, flies superb.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or the Goldburg Extra 300 kit, it's A nice one too. The YAKs started showing up right at the hight of the ARF craze so there have never been A lot of kits made for it, I can't think of any off the top of my head. The shame is Goldburg used to make A kit for the Sukhoi that was outstanding too but it is no longer made either. You would have loved that one.