Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

SKYSHARK WARBIRDS ARE BACK!!!!!

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SKYSHARK WARBIRDS ARE BACK!!!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:43 PM
p51 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SKYSHARK WARBIRDS ARE BACK!!!!!

Good News.

"Due to the overwhelming demand, we are considering providing plans/plastic parts (and maybe a few laser cut pieces) for our now discontinued warbird kits. Technical support would be provided by email only. We would like to have some feedback from our customers on this idea. If you have any thoughts on this subject, please contact us by email at [email protected]."

If you look at the website [link=http://www.skysharkrc.com/plans.htm]http://www.skysharkrc.com/plans.htm[/link]you will see that they have already released the Skyraider and Hellcat plans, canopy, cowl, laser cut parts, and instruction manual. Hopefully they will continue to release more of their models.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:13 PM
flaminheli

Default RE: SKYSHARK WARBIRDS ARE BACK!!!!!

How about offering replacement parts for the Eagles that where once sold with busted canopies that could not be replaced. I am sure they offer nice warbirds, I have heard nothing but good things about them, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the Christen Eagle deal.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:34 PM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

That Hellcat looks like fun!!!
Alan
Old 10-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

After jerking their customers around, they can keep them. At about $200.00 they aren't exactly low price, either. The lightening holes were deleted, too. I was wanting one of their Avengers when the almost offered to re-release kits but now even if they do offer that I'll pass. I got one of the Val kits just before they stopped production, that will be good enough. They really alienated their customers and now they can keep them.
...Steve
Old 10-16-2008, 06:31 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

I wanted to give the stuka a try... $200 is a little steep, but would consider it.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
p51 fan

I would like to get the ME109. But you are right daven, the price is a little steep. I have heard they are worth it though.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

OK, so I needed to vent a little. Their kits are very good. I have not yet built my Val, but looking at it, it seems very well engineered.
I paid about $350.00 for the Val full kit, so enen though $200.00 is a bit steep for a short kit, it is on par with what they were charging before. I guess if they do offer the Avenger, I'll consider it.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:47 PM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw there FW-190 completed and wanted one bad. I just bought one from RCU classifieds for $250. It's the complete version. It even has the cockpit details. I don't know what they cost new but the old Royals are up there. I received it a few days ago and like what I see in the box. I can't wait to get started.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:38 PM
bigstew60
My Feedback: (35)

bring back the avenger!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I built the Hell Cat for A customer and there kits were the best I had ever built, not for someones second kit though, they are A bit advanced. I can't say enough good things about the kit, I wanted to build the Stuka for myself but there prices were way out of line for A little 60 size war bird so I never got one. They are A bit on the heavy side too for such A small plane but they fly well. If you have deep pockets and want A nice plane this may be your chance?? I still can't force myself to spend that much on one though. [&:]
Old 12-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Nathan_L

After what I read what the owner said about "his customers" and this board in particular on rcscalebuilder.com they can keep them at any price.

We considered selling plans but then we would still need to offer technical support - and that is what takes up most of our time and causes us a lot of aggravation! We normally have to offer technical support for 1 out of every 3 kits we sell. When we first started the business, we received support calls for almost every kit that went out the door. I think that with the complexity of our parts, selling plans only would open a terrible hornet's nest!! If we could just make kits without having to offer technical support (and deal with some of the type of people that infect RCUNIVERSE), we would probably still be making kits.

At this point, we are considering selling the kit part of the business. There have been a few people interested. Of course, the way it is set up, it would require quite a bit of computer knowledge since we have computerized just about every aspect of the business.

Mike
Amazing he would post that and think people wouldn't read it or remember it. I have a link to the thrad but it's been deleted since I last posted the info here...guess who is a moderator?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Alex7403

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nathan_L

After what I read what the owner said about "his customers" and this board in particular on rcscalebuilder.com they can keep them at any price.

We considered selling plans but then we would still need to offer technical support - and that is what takes up most of our time and causes us a lot of aggravation! We normally have to offer technical support for 1 out of every 3 kits we sell. When we first started the business, we received support calls for almost every kit that went out the door. I think that with the complexity of our parts, selling plans only would open a terrible hornet's nest!! If we could just make kits without having to offer technical support (and deal with some of the type of people that infect RCUNIVERSE), we would probably still be making kits.

At this point, we are considering selling the kit part of the business. There have been a few people interested. Of course, the way it is set up, it would require quite a bit of computer knowledge since we have computerized just about every aspect of the business.

Mike
Amazing he would post that and think people wouldn't read it or remember it. I have a link to the thrad but it's been deleted since I last posted the info here...guess who is a moderator?
is he talking about us?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:05 PM
phatbob02

is he talking about us?
[/quote]

Not if you know what your doing.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Alex7403

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we received support calls for almost every kit that went out the door.
Mike
that doesnt sound very good...

and then he say he is getting aggravated?

hey i'm doing the kit thing for fun...

Alex
Old 12-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He never got any calls from me, wonder what the other calls were about??
Old 12-13-2008, 07:45 PM
phatbob02

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

He never got any calls from me, wonder what the other calls were about??
I'm curious myself. What was frustrating to him my be comical to us.
Sounds like the start of a new thread!