Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

kadet seniorita build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

kadet seniorita build

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 PM
andrew66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kadet seniorita build

quick update: I have the fuel tank installed and all minor details are complete. Tomorrow, if the weather is good and i have time, I might hook up my radio system that i dont intend to ever fly on just to get the throttle servo set up and run the engine in the airframe. I did some fitting and got the fuel tank in the plane, where i might be able to get away without the pump. The tank is still low, so I am using the uniflow setup just to help a little (if it will even help at all). If i run it up tomorrow, i will take the video camera and take a short video. I cant believe that im finally finished. Now its on to the scratch build foamie that im building. I am almost done the fuse already, and just need to glue the firewall in and build (cut) the tail feathers for it. I bet I can have this next one finished in a month or so, if time and money allow it. This has been a heck of a build for me, and i really wish that I could get pics for you guys.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 PM
andrew66

great news! I got the radio installed today, the plane was really tail heavy, but CG is in check once i get a heavy hub (tomorrow morning) and the pre flight inspection is done as well. The vice president (also an instructor) is a great guy! He has helped me alot with this bird, and when i originally started flying 2 years ago. I definately owe him a beer....or lots of beer for the help. Now I cant find my bloody charger for my camera, so no pics but the maiden flight might happen tomorrow weather permitting. The instructor told me to call him when i want to fly, but i think i will wait til he is already out there. Dont want to be any more of a bother than i have to. (although im sure he doesnt mind) All thats left, is to get a membership for the club, and im airborne! I havent flown for 2 years, so hopefully i didnt forget too much. I have flown on the sim at a hobby shop, and can handle it. Im nervous of getting a video of the maiden, so maybe the second flight i will get a clip or two for you guys. Im sure you are waiting eagerly. Thanks for your paitients. And all input/comments have been greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 AM
andrew66

Today, the weather is decent. a little cold, but my instructor is waiting for it to warm up a bit. I think i will be heading out in an hour or so. I will bring the video camera and get a quick clip. Im hoping everything goes well.
Im actually kinda jittery right now. Ive put alot of work into this, and i hope it goes well.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 AM
andrew66

maiden flight went well. a little bit of trim was needed, i also need to add some more differential. the plane handled very well, and i got to fly it on the second flight. Im a bit rusty, but didnt make any mistakes. one thing i need to do is: add some tension to the elevator stick. Its too "loose" and my nervous jitters make the plane harder to controll. I think i would likely get over it, i might fly it for a while before i do this. The video is kinda shaky, mostly cause i was nervous, and it was also cold (4 celcius) Im having trouble uploading the file, cause of the format, but i will edit this post with the link to youtube.
this thread has been fun, and I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:35 PM
andrew66

ive worked on getting the vid up, but i cant remember how to do it.  It wont change to the needed format when i produce the movie.  I have done it before, but cant remember what i did.  i have the charger back for my camera, so i will at least take a couple pics next flying day.  Lately it has been either raining and cold, or warm with winds from hell.  Hopefully tomorrow the weather is better.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
andrew66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fda89DOInUM     Finally! I figured out how to do it!  Enjoy the vid, I know i need to work on my camera skills, but at least i got a vid.  Thanks for watching
Old 06-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Clay Walters

What's not to like?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:23 PM
andrew66

thanks!  I have quite a few flights on this bird now.  It didnt take me long to get back into it.  I did crack it up a week ago.  It was about 5 ft off the ground and a gust caught it, and it went straight in.  Only thing broken was the firewall and my pride.  It only took me 20 mins to fix, and i was flying it the next day.  One thing i need to change is the landing gear.  I need to get longer gear legs.  I like how they take a beating, and just need to be bent back, but its very hard to land with the engine still running.  When it had the 10-6 prop on it, the engine would scream, but now i have an 11-5 and its tamed down a bit.  with the extra diameter on the prop, its a little too close to the ground.  Other than that, its a sweet flier, the roll rate is a little low, but good for what it had to do (teach me to fly again)  I have bought a sig something extra, and am enjoying it right now.  The seniorita is  a nice relaxing plane to fly.  with calm winds, its truly a hands off trainer. landings are a breeze.  just an all around good flying airplane.  It did come out a bit heavier than i wanted, but its pretty much on par with other 40 airplanes.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Skratchbilt
My Feedback: (6)

The two plans you have are the same two the Sr offers, design-wise. I have a Seniorita, with the "squared elevator (full width) and the rounded Vfin/rudder, and it is just a bit tail heavy. She flies good, but requires plenty of trimming. The rounded design, tho seemingly lesser in area, is actually equally effective in controlling the plane. The rounded edges create less drag. Build it how you like, it will fly either way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50188.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1212893  
Old 12-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

any chance you could post an all up weight on this bird?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 PM
DeferredDefect

Fantastic build thread!
I learned on a Senior, so seeing pictures of a similar build were nice - colour scheme is great too!

Thank you

Graeme