Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

TF Giant P-47D Elevator leading edge

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

TF Giant P-47D Elevator leading edge

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:48 PM
dingo9882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Giant P-47D Elevator leading edge

While reading the instructions to the P-47 it states on on number 21: "If you haven’t done so already, trim the top edge of the elevator LE spars even with the top of the
ribs. Glue the top elevator skins to the top of the elevators. As shown on the cross section on the plan, the beveled edges are on the inside." This all seems to make sense. Sand the leading Edge spars even with the ribs. Except for one thing that is getting me a little confused. The elevatore LE spars have a notch and the far end of them on top. It is where you put the inner root blocks of wood if that makes sense. Do I sand those down as well even with the ribs or I am just leaving them alone and sanding down the rest of the LE spar with the ribs? Because if I just sand the elevator LE spar except for the area with the raised notch, when I put the sheeting down on the elevator that spot will not be even at all.