Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Great Planes vs. Sig Cub

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Great Planes vs. Sig Cub

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes vs. Sig Cub

Looking into getting a Great Plane's 60 Sized clipped wing cub ( 83 Inch) It's got a YS 120sc on it, etc. Don't tell me its to much motor. How is this plane going to fly compared to the sig 1/4 cliped wing cub? I noticed the wingspan is only 3 inchs different with the sig at 86" but yet the sig was 67 inchs long while the GP is 56.5. How much different would this make it fly. please tell me if you have flown both and what the diff. is, like in knife edge flight. etc. I have flown the 1/4 Sig clipped wing, it weighed almost 17 pounds and its one of the best flying planes i've put my hands on.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:41 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I din't know about flying, but if you're not a "Builders Kit" kind of builder, stay away from the Sig. Example: all the tail surface pieces are not die-cut. The parts are DRAWN on a sheet of balsa and have to be cut out by hand. Not that this is hard, it's just that it's something I wasn't expecting at that price. AND that's only one example, there are many.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather have the sig, the little extra work thats envoled produces a much better product in the end. By the way the GP cub is already built, thinking about trading trading it for the plane in my avatar.