Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

connecting control surfaces?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

connecting control surfaces?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Popriv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default connecting control surfaces?

I just started my Tiger 60 kit. Actually I've been rereading instructions and inspecting the stock. building starts tonight.
Its been years since I built and when I opened the box I was overwhelmed a bit but after looking things over it wont be bad..

I've been looking at the Tiger 60 build threads but I havent seen anything yet on connecting the control surfaces. the kit uses wood stock with wire attached at each end.. I've never liked this method and prefer some kind of sleeve with a rod running through it. I've used both metal and plastic rods..

Any word on what you guys are using here?

Also, this is my first experience with a laser cut kit.. Very nice!

I'm still debating building to the plans or incorporating some of the mods in the build threads?

I'll probably increase the size of the rudder an inch or so... And I'll do something to the inside of the cockpit just cause I want to...

Steve
Old 12-19-2008, 03:21 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: connecting control surfaces?

I've used wooden pusrods many times and they work quite well. If you want to get fancy, you could go with Carbon Fiber pushrods, they are available reasonably at www.darrolcady.com
Old 12-19-2008, 04:15 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many years ago the wood pushrods is the only way we knew how to do it and they worked fine. Today of course most all are done using a plastic tube and wire. Your choice.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:41 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I use the Dave Brown push rods. I think Tower sells them.

David