Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

I love SIG

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

I love SIG

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:00 AM
sigflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I love SIG

I love SIG and all their kits. I have always said the best flying models are build from SIG kits.......LOVE you SIG
Johnny
Old 01-18-2009, 12:50 PM
CrateCruncher
My Feedback: (1)

My first plane was a Sig Kadet MkII built by me, flown by me, and destroyed by me all in the same month way back in 1986! It was a great trainer during the short time I had with it.

I recently bought a Sig Ryan STA kit on feeBay. They put a lot of extra scale stuff in them and apparently sold a bunch too. I'm looking forward to doing that one someday but I've always wondered why I have seen so few ever built? Somebody should do a build thread..
Old 01-20-2009, 08:32 AM
maynardrupp

I love the SIG Sumthin' Extra kit. Everybody around here has at least one, some have 3. What a great flying airplane, easy to transport, and fun to build. I also have a SIG Waco SRE ARF. This is another great flying model and a real head turner at the field. I do wish they would offer the SRE as a kit, as I hate their coveing material. They do a great job of covering the SRE, but I banged up a wingtip putting the plane in my van. I bought a roll of SIG covering in the correct yellow. First, it did not match well at all. I am used to UltraCote and the SIG Coverall is no where near as good. The real problem is sticking it down so that it stays. I have to lay a wet cloth on the stuck down area when shrinking or it will pull away. Oh well, that SRE is an awesome airplane so a little problem is just that.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:21 AM
MikeL@Sig

I know this is an old post but I thought I would toss in a little information. The SIG and Herr build manual are now online at www.sigmfg.com. Look under the information and videos tab then on the left side of the page you will see Sig Build Manuals. Click on that and you will get a drop down menu with a list of different groups. Trainer Build Manuals, Scale Models etc. We have also posted as many of the discontinued manuals as we could find. I hope this helps.

Happy Landings
Mike
Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Nergall

Thanks!