Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Anniversary Cub

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Goldberg Anniversary Cub

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:52 PM
cole455
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Anniversary Cub

I'm building a Goldberg Anniversary Cub and have a couple questions. I built this same kit 10 years ago; however, the instructions appear to be photo copies of the originals with terrible pics, this one is laser cut and the pieces for the horizontal stab and elevator fit terrible. After a lot of sanding they fit pretty well, but the stab is still 1/8 shorter than the plans call for. I'm working on the fuselage now, but the fuse sides should have cut-outs in them. I don't know if I should cut them or not, it looks heavy, my last kit they were die-cut, the plans show them cut but the instructions don't say anything about cutting since they are old. What do you think? I don't remember my last cub being this difficult, I'm still excited and will update with progress
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42602.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1144668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19025.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1144669  
Old 02-25-2009, 03:10 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Anniversary Cub

Yes, these areas should be removed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72181.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1144671  
Old 02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Anniversary Cub

it looks like the cut the lightening holes with a CNC router or something but didn't quite finish. My Tiger-2 kit was the same way. it also had the horrible laster cutting. You'd think laser cutting would be more accurate and cosistent which should be true but it is only as good as the data you feed it.