Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

pica 1/5 scale mustang

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

pica 1/5 scale mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 03:45 PM
ninja042

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pica 1/5 scale mustang

hello to all
I have started to make my first kit and need lots of help, as I have never flown and do not yet have any knowledge of rc planes, some questions need to be answered. I need to put servos and retracers in, but I would not know how to start looking for the right ones .
These are critical to the biuld and I need the ones that will do the job well. As I have to build these into the plane during construction, I need info on which would be the best ones to use, taking into consideration the cost of each item, as i think there are going to be quite a few expensive purchases!!!!
I would be grateful for any help or tips any of you can give me.
Cheers
Old 03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: pica 1/5 scale mustang

Do you intend to fly this bird?

This may be a tad bit much for a first effort, even if you don't plan on flying it right away. What we normally recommend you do is to get something basic with a good set of plans or build instructions and start out that way so you learn the nomenclature of parts and how they are used.

CGr.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:16 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, the Pica models are very difficult to build and are usually only attempted by expert builders.

And Mustangs are NOT good planes to start out with.

Check out this website. It has a lot to offer a beginner:

[link=http://www.gettingairborne.com]www.gettingairborne.com[/link]
Old 03-07-2009, 11:13 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a search in the warbirds section there's loads of information on the Pica 1/5 P-51,definatly not a beginners plane either to build or fly, your looking at a 2,000$u.s. min. project to complete so its a investment.
there's got to be a RC club close to brighton to get some help learning the basics, once you get a solid foundation then tackle the Mustang.