Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Kit S-12 Sterling Flying Fool

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kit S-12 Sterling Flying Fool

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:35 PM
frankolin42
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit S-12 Sterling Flying Fool

[8D][8D][8D]Yeah I know..CLCLCL...never the less, the Flying fool was an awesome airplane for CL, and can be equally awesome for gas and and electric, problem is, I haven't seen on on ebay in a month of Sundays, and I really want to get one, I would even be happy with the plans if it has a good bulkhead and airfoil display, anyone out there remember it, or maybe able to help me out on this one? If so please e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 03-13-2009, 05:41 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Kit S-12 Sterling Flying Fool

Tod,

I have one hanging in my workshop built in early 1970 and dope/tissue with a fox .35. I still have the plans in storage and will try to dig them out this weekend. The kit as made by Sterling was a rock and at least the one I built the wood would need to be replaced. I will check the plans for you and see if the builkheads are there. As I remember though it was just small scale drawings with full scale plans for the wings.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:26 AM
frankolin42

that's very kind of you..Thank You
Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 PM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

I just pulled out my plans and I do have the Flying Fool. Typical Sterling plans in that they are just one large sheet of building instructions with some drawings. Half top and bottom wing drawings with no rib side views and no fuse former drawing or full size side views. I dont think they would be much help. I know Kinkos' will copy them to pdf file and put them on a disk for about $10.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 AM
frankolin42

Yeah thats too bad, I was hoping for ribs bulkheads etc, Don't worry about making a copy, those plans really won't help me like you said, I will just have to hold out, until I see one on e-bay, but thanks anyway for looking,,I really appreciate it..Frank Balkus.