Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Bucker Jungman project

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Goldberg Bucker Jungman project

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Skip
My Feedback: (76)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Goldberg Bucker Jungman project

I just got my hands on a Goldberg Bucker Jungman kit. This is one of the old ones ( Real Goldberg). Does anyone have any suggestions or changes during construction that would be helpful? I think I will power it with a Saito 1.50. Thanks
Old 05-14-2009, 09:18 AM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goldberg Bucker Jungman project

I had that setup in the 1st version of my Bucker, you'll need to install twin elevator servos in rear to balance without extra weight. I'm currently running a OS 120 AX in the refurbished version. The Saito 150 will work fine, but the OS gives better performance on low nitro fuel.

Main other mod was to trash the original interplane strut setup, which is rubish IMO. I copied the setup on the Sig Hog Bipe.

Plane flies great, you'll love it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99508.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1197920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79430.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1197921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29605.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1197922  
Old 05-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Skip

Thanks, I will take that into consideration as I build the plane. You would think it would be tail heavy with the servos in the tail.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:46 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

I'd give you my first born child for the jungmann kit, .......or maybe 300 bucks, your choice. I've been looking high and low for one of these, if not, I'd be interested in the templates to scratch build it.,

Old 05-18-2009, 12:12 AM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When theGoldbergkits are on Ebay they sell for about $250.00 to $300.00. I saw 2 on Ebay a couple of months ago. There is a PicaBucker Jungmeisteron RCU right now for $275.00, but he might take an offer.But it is more of a builders kit, not as easy to build as the Goldberg kits. FYI.

Vince
Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 AM
planebuilder66

Yeah, I have a pica jungmiester, 1/4:5 scale, I'm looking for a jungmann like goldberg made as well, I guess I'll keep searching for one.

Name:	Wu60845.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1200840  
Old 05-18-2009, 05:29 AM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Yeah, it did require the tail weight. I also have the battery (5-cell NIMH)intalled on a home made cross piece glued to the bulkhead behind the bottom wing.

With the OS 120AX rtf weight is 10.75lbs, which the OS hauls around with great authority. PlaneBuilder, yes it's a shame this kit is no longer made, sure flies good and gets lots'a compliments at the field.

Name:	Ig13793.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1200932  
Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Jim Clausen

My last build on this airplane was a scratch build. I put it together for a soldier that is in our flying club here in Savannah. He is currently here in Georgis on R&R but I have not heard from him.

His airplane is Yellow with insignia blue checkerboard on the rudder. I have not put any other details on it until I know what he wants. The cowling and front turtledeck is fiberglass witht the canopy sprayed silver and outlined in black tape. The front turtle deck is monokoted. When I built this I took pictures for him and have downloaded them onto a CD, I also downloaded an assembly manuel for hin.

This is a great flying airplane. I have two. Both are the same color and trimmed out the same. One is powered with a Saito 180 and is 10 years old. The other is powered with a 120 OS four stroke. Pictures attached.

Jim Clausen

Name:	Nk28242.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1202505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28632.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1202506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82453.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1202507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47395.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1202508  
Old 05-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Skip

I have already buit the stab, rudder, and elevators. If you really want the kit that bad after I have already started on it e-mail me and we'll talk. If I don't hear from you I'll keep building. I have just got a 1/3 scale Laser 200 kit at Joe Nall and I will just build that one instead. By the way, I already have 4 kids(grown) so first borns aren't necessary!!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Jim Clausen

Skip.
On every Bucker Jungman that I have built the only real modification that I made was to have the aileron servo arms exit the bottom side of the wing, I also use 4-40 locknuts on the innerplane struts where they attach to the front deck. I jam these lock nuts up against the flat side of the blind or "T" nuts called out in the plans. On the Bucker Jungman with the Saito 180 I have the battery, pull pull servo for the rudder and both elevator and aux. 2 servos in the tail.
All were also built with servos near the aft of the plane.
Just my 2 cents.
Jim
Old 06-11-2009, 12:19 PM
John2

I have one of these kits that Ibought a few years back. It has the fiberglass cowl, turtle deck and wheel pants with it. It was my dream plane at one time but it doesn't look like Iwill ever get around to building it as I am flying bigger planes and heli's now. I was about to put it on ebay but if there is interest here shoot me an email. The kit has not been started and Ican send pics if interested.

thanks,
John
Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 AM
John2

ORIGINAL: John2

I have one of these kits that Ibought a few years back. It has the fiberglass cowl, turtle deck and wheel pants with it. It was my dream plane at one time but it doesn't look like Iwill ever get around to building it as I am flying bigger planes and heli's now. I was about to put it on ebay but if there is interest here shoot me an email. The kit has not been started and Ican send pics if interested.

thanks,
John

I've had a couple of folks PMme about this plane. I can't get my pm's to work for some reason (not getting a "send" button) so send me an email at [email protected] if you are interested. I would like to get 275 shipped. otherwise I'll let it sit on the shelf.

Thanks,
John
Old 06-21-2009, 02:54 PM
planebuilder66

John2, thanks, it looks fantastic, heck, I didn't know you were going to throw in the MAN mag that had the review as well, truly awsome. This is one of those kits I've been looking for it seems like for ever. Everyone that seems to have one is molested beyond belief, but this one is perfect, the glass componets are a big + in my mind, thanks again, really appriciate it. So is this thread dead, or are you still building it Skip?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:46 PM
John2

ORIGINAL: planebuilder66

John2, thanks, it looks fantastic, heck, I didn't know you were going to throw in the MAN mag that had the review as well, truly awsome. This is one of those kits I've been looking for it seems like for ever. Everyone that seems to have one is molested beyond belief, but this one is perfect, the glass componets are a big + in my mind, thanks again, really appriciate it. So is this thread dead, or are you still building it Skip?
planebuilder,

Glad you like it. I once had the same passion it sounds like you have for this kit, but somehow lost it, I think because of time constraints and the quality of ARF's these days. I hope you can have it flying in the near futrure. Look forward to watching your build thread.

Good Luck,
John