Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Carl Goldberg Extra Landing Gear

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Carl Goldberg Extra Landing Gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:00 PM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carl Goldberg Extra Landing Gear

Has anyone with the Carl Goldberg Extra kit gone with the stock wire gear? I've used wire gear on plenty of airplanes before without problems on grassfield runways. I understand the desire to put the aftermarket alluminum on (I would like to also), but I am just hoping it would hold up for a season or two of pattern flying before I switch it out.

I'll be building a mounting plate into the fuse to accept the alluminum gear later on.

Any comments? ... be it good, bad, or ugly.

Bipes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Extra Landing Gear

Just once. Keep in mind this is a pretty heavy 60 size plane and with the wire gear any hard landing tended to twist or bend it. The way it sits it also helps the plane nose over. For the price of a LG from FGS or one of the ARF people you can get a heavy after market set. If you say mine you would wonder how the plane ever gets off the ground. They were something I just happened to have in my shop at the time.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Gray Beard

Just once. Keep in mind this is a pretty heavy 60 size plane and with the wire gear any hard landing tended to twist or bend it. The way it sits it also helps the plane nose over. For the price of a LG from FGS or one of the ARF people you can get a heavy after market set. If you say mine you would wonder how the plane ever gets off the ground. They were something I just happened to have in my shop at the time.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:42 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Just like the GB Ult gear, it has a bad habit of bending back if you hit hard. If you never hit hard then don't worry. The Ultimate glides so poorly it is more of a concern on it than it is on the 300.

David
Old 05-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Gray Beard

How in the heck did I get two posts out of that???