Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Yak 54 kit or plans?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Yak 54 kit or plans?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Yak 54 kit or plans?

To date I haven't seen any YAK 54 kits or blue prints. I'm looking for something in the 70 or 80 inch wing span range. Plans would be the answer for myself but if there are any kits it could be a good thing for one of my students that wants to break away from ARFs.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Jim Clausen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yak 54 kit or plans?

Gray Beard,
Sorry I cannot help with a YAK 54 plans. The closest thing that I Have is the Goldberg Sukhoi SU26 MX. That is a 72.5 W/S.
Jim
Old 05-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Gray Beard

Nothing wrong with the Sukhoi at all as far as my thinking goes, I'm kinda one of them there Sukhoi kinda guys. Ican get the builders plans for the Sukhoi 29 from MAN plans, that was one of my all time favorite planes/builds and Ihave all the needed parts for it from my last one.
Ihave a friend that is looking to learn to build and he is deeply in love with the 54 but all we have seen are ARFs. He is also looking into going gas so he is wanting something a bit bigger, Kinko's can take care of that little problem though but first we need the Builders Plans or a kit.
He wants that sholder wing design of the 54 but Imay be able to talk him into a Sukhoi, the 54 may be a bit more stable but the Suks just look so much cooler!!!
Gene
Did you make up the templates for that kit yet?? Just wondering.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Jim Clausen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have those templates.
Jim
Old 05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about this one? A little bigger than requested.
http://www.precisioncutkits.com/307.htm

This is the only non-ARF I could find anywhere near the size you specified.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Gray Beard

Thanks for that site, the plane is a lot bigger then I'm looking for!! Ihave one 30% Extra that almost fills up my van and only leaves me with enough room for one other little plane, that one from PCK is even bigger. Ibuild from scratch to save money too, that one is out of my price range by a lot.
I'm thinking Imay just buy another set of plans from MAN for the Suk 29 like the last one I built, it's an 80 incher and after some mods it is a perfect plane for the 40cc gas engines, comes out very light too.