Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Dynaflite SE 5a vs. BUSA Dr. 1

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Dynaflite SE 5a vs. BUSA Dr. 1

Old 06-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Sky Dart1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaflite SE 5a vs. BUSA Dr. 1

Hi all,

I am just finishing the build on my Dynaflite SE 5a (ready to cover) and have thoroughly enjoyed the kit. I've been following the BUSA Dr. 1 build in this forum and wondered if some of you folks could tell me how the two kits compare in terms of build difficulty. I'd like to do a Dr. 1 one day, but I don't want to jump into something that is too difficult to complete and enjoy.

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:30 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynaflite SE 5a vs. BUSA Dr. 1

I have built the BUSA Dr-1 and have the SE5A to do next. The Dr is just as easy as the SE in my opinion. I have not built the SE yet, but have studied the plans and manual and I have many kits under my belt. I would suggest reading the build threads on the Dr, many great ideas can be obtained. For example; stab mounting, use bolt on method so that you can trim the incidence. Mounted per the instructions results in down elevator trim, some are using computer radios to mix throttle and down elevator trim but this results in extra drag and thats something this plane has plenty of. Shock absorbing landing gear...lots of thoughts on this one. Plane builds tail heavy if your not careful.

My Dr is covered with Solartex from BUSA and painted using Acrylic Latex Craft paints from Michael's. Topcoated with Minwax Satin Polyurethane for protection. Do a search and my pics will turn up as well.

Hope this helps.