Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Need engine choice for Goldberg Bucker Jungman

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Need engine choice for Goldberg Bucker Jungman

Old 07-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Skip
My Feedback: (76)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need engine choice for Goldberg Bucker Jungman

Guys, I am about to build the fuselage of a Goldberg Bucker Jungman but can't decide on an engine. I have access to a Saito 1.80 but I'm not sure if that's a good choice. Would a small gasser be a better idea? HELP!!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Jim Clausen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need engine choice for Goldberg Bucker Jungman

Skip,
I have two Bucker Jungmans. One is powered with an OS 120 and flies okay. I am selling this airframe because I am aging and have decided to scale down to smaller/slower airplanes. The other is powered with a Saito 180 and flies absolutely awesome. I did have to prop down to a 16X6 Scemitar prop to stop the severe yawing at rapid throttle increase. It is the best flying bipe I have ever flown. I opted to use the Fiberglass Specialties Inc. front turtle deck with integral canopy, cowling and wheel pants. This bird is 10 years old and still going. I did put flying wires on the tail feathers for reinforcement. The vertical is definitely unlimited. If all of the incidences are set right you can put it on knife edge and it does not leak toward the canopy or wheels. Pictures attached
Enjoy your Bucker as I have.
Jim Clausen
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28671.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1230764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81121.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1230765  
Old 07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Skip
My Feedback: (76)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Your plane looks awesome!! What did you cover it with. Did you put any servos in the tail? Skip
Old 07-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Jim Clausen

Skip,
There are three JR 4131 servos in the tail, two in the wings and a standard one for the throttle. It is covered with Monokote Yellow and trimmed in Insignia Blue trim strips. I also have dark red striping. The front turtle deck is also Monokoted but the canopy is sprayed with Silver PPG paint. Hope this answers your questions.
The one I am selling has two in the tail and the rudder servo is just behind the cockpit on a pull pull system It is the one with the OS 120 and in order to get the CG right without adding weight it had to be there.
The Saito 180 has the battery in the tail area also. It needed to be there along with the rudder servo for CG. I hope this makes sense to you. If not send any questions to [email protected]
Jim
Old 12-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Skipper Ga.
My Feedback: (1)

For what it`s worth, I have a Dave Patrick 120 Ultimate with the Saito 180 and it`s a great combination. The two planes are very close in size. I also have two of the Carl Goldberg Jungmans still in boxes that are waiting for some round tuits. How`s your build going? Do you know if fiberglass parts are still available for these kits?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:34 AM
flygilmore

I used to fly a fellow club members and it had a Saito 1.50-perfect combination and wouldn't want any less. I am sure your 1.80 would be perfect if you allready have it. The only downside would be the amount of fuel it might drink. This plane was not designed with a gasser in mind.