Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

great planes ultra sport + 40 cg question

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

great planes ultra sport + 40 cg question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 01:11 PM
P40 Maniac
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great planes ultra sport + 40 cg question

I am building the ultra sport + 40 with retracts/fixed tailwheel. Was wondering if someone else has built it this way. Would like to know if yours turned out tail heavy or nose heavy on the cg. Would like to make some changes to compensate for this. So I don't have to add weight.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:47 AM
David_Moen

Hi P40.

I built mine with retracts. With an OS 46FX and stock muffler on the nose, my CG came out bang on the centre of the recommended range (4 9/16" from th leading edge) with the receiver and battery pack stacked immediately in front of the servos. The plane flew well like this but slowing down for landings proved to be a bit challenging for me. Once I got use to the plane , I moved the battery pack behind the wing saddle. Maneuverability improved, with no noticeable change in stability, it seems to be happier slowing down for landings now too.

What stage are you at with your kit? There is a huge thread on here detailing my build as well as others...

It's a fun plane, I built it as my second airplane and have enjoyed it thoroughly!
Old 06-26-2003, 02:07 PM
P40 Maniac
My Feedback: (15)

I am working on the first wing. I have build 10 planes and one sail plane for me and Friends in the last 4 years. I will be using os 46 fx engine too. Plan on using slimline sports muffler when the time comes. This plane is going together pretty quickly, Friday will be two weeks for me working on this one. Last one took me 7 months to build. I hope it flews as good as there is does.