Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Help me convince Hobbico to reissue...

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Help me convince Hobbico to reissue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 AM
flygilmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me convince Hobbico to reissue...

I'd take a Bucker and a couple of each: Stinger 120 and the Giant 84" span one. Currently building the last 84" Giant that had been sitting at my hobby shop for a couple of years now-thank goodness I got it!!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 PM
prgonzalez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ilikebipes

We are at:

Goldberg Extra 300: 19

Goldberg Buck Jungman: 15

Lanier Stinger: 8

We're stalling out here. We can keep it going if we want them bad enough!

Brian

Not stalling yet. I bought my 2 Ultra Sports 60's as I said I was going to do in another thread, thanks GP. I will also buy one US-40 soon.

This time, I say I will buy one (1) CG Extra since I already have one in my closet, and one (1) Buck Jungman.

Pedro
Old 08-17-2009, 04:55 PM
eagledancer

put me down for 1 Bucker Jungmann, now if and only IF they have to retool for it i would suggest to scale it up to 1/4 or even 1/3 scale!!!
and i am NOT interested in a arf at all, i want to build it myself
Old 08-17-2009, 10:51 PM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

I would buy a Bucker as well. I was smart enough to acquire kits of the Extra and Sukhoi, but missed on the Jungmann. Please bring it back!

turbo
Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 AM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Wow. The Bucker Jungman (now at 19) is neck-to-neck with the Extra (now at 21). We've got a long way to go to hit 300! We'll do it.

Brian
Old 08-18-2009, 12:30 AM
andrew66

If it helps the cause, then I will change from the stinger to the extra. But if they were reissued, I would likely buy both.
I think it took a while for the ultra sports. I just wish that we had a way of reaching beyond RCU. At my club, only a couple of us are on here.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Luftwaffe Oberst
Banned

Any kit would be a good thing. Please add another vote to the Bucker Jungman kit.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:35 AM
yyk1966
My Feedback: (3)

Please reissue Goldberg Extra 300 and the Goldberg Bucker Jungman
Old 08-22-2009, 06:32 AM
rogue-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

add my vote for the Bucker Jungmann kit, and the stinger
Old 08-22-2009, 08:23 AM
sbd-3

I am still flying my stinger(84") but i would by two more for the cause......
Old 08-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Tango Juliet

I'd like a Stinger kit. I currently have a Stinger 60 ARF that I fly, but I would really rather have built it myself with construction mods. At the time, the ARF was my only choice.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:15 AM
EscapeFlyer

As of today the total stands at:

Lanier Stinger: 13

Goldberg Extra: 23

Goldberg Bucker Jungman: 21

We all want them, so Let Hobbico know!

Brian
Old 08-27-2009, 12:25 PM
sbd-3

I said in earlier post i would by 2 giant stinger kits .... i would also by a Goldberg Extra and a Goldberg Bucker Jungman
Old 08-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

To me, even if they released just the plans and maybe hardware packs it would be a win for builders. I would be up for any of the above as plans or a kit. Would that be more doable Bax?
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 PM
starduster2

I would buy a Goldberg Extra and the Bucker Jungman
Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 AM
EscapeFlyer

Hydro Junkie-
To me, even if they released just the plans and maybe hardware packs it would be a win for builders. I would be up for any of the above as plans or a kit. Would that be more doable Bax?
Hydro Junkie,

I have actually had this very conversation with Bax. He said that there would still be a lot involved with transfering the templates to the proper software and supplies, etc. Personally, I think this is the answer to the kit issues we face, but there still needs to be a market for the plans service. Bax told me that plans do not sell. This is where this thread comes into play.

I was very frustrated and giving up hope. Minnflyer jumped in and coached me into this direction based on the succesful petition to bring back the Ultra Sport. It can be done, and Bax has already said the Hobbico is monitoring this thread. The goal here is to re-issue the kits. However, should Hobbico prefer the plans service, I would not complain. But there are a lot more people that would probabaly prefer the kitting to be done for them. I think this option is the best to serve everybody at the moment. Besides, I have yet to see a Great Planes kit not offer great wood in their kits. It takes that work out of the equation.

So, we have to give Hobbico OVERWHELMING reason to re-issue these airplanes. I am asking everyone to throw in your desire to have these three kits. We can get them back. It only take a little effort and a commitment to purchase. 300 people is the goal. Tell everyone you know and have them sign up.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 08-28-2009, 01:58 AM
andrew66

I take it they personally have to post? or can we post on their behalf? Like I said earlier, not many people in my club are on this site.
Also, is there any other threads like this out there?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:18 AM
senrak

I do not buy ARFs. I never will. I want to know my airplane inside and out. It is important to me that I have a real investment in my airplanes, an attachment that would never come with an airplane that someone else built. I believe that the people involved in making these decisions about what to produce don't care what is good for the hobby that we all hold so dear. They care more about the migthy dollar, and how they can get more of them. It is put above all else. That is why RC airplanes are getting bigger and more expensive. The bigger the airplane, the bigger the profits. Do the right thing for a change. Bring back things of real value. Help us teach our kids and grandkids the value of building something with their hands, making it truely their own. Forget about making huge profits for a minute. I would buy kits of the Lanier Stinger, the Goldberg Extra, and the Goldberg Bucker Jungman. The list is as long as you want it to be.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:51 PM
ttolliver

Put me down for a Jungmann.

As a side note, could we get commitments from hobby shops in our areas to order kits as part of the 300? My guess is that Hobbico needs our commitment for 300 in addition to anticipated sales to hobby shops.

Hmmm, which brings up the question of whether the previous Ultrasport deal was based on us buying direct? Let's keep the local shops in the loop somehow if we can. That's another whole can of worms I know. Sorry.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
EscapeFlyer

ttolliver-

Let's keep the local shops in the loop somehow if we can.
This is a GREAT idea. This would only help.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Can't release just plans. Almost all kits don't have sufficient information on them to build the model. You'd have to do some of your own design work, so to speak, to create the parts not shown on the plans. Many times, only root ribs are shown on a tapered-wing plan, and not the full complement of ribs, so you'd have to loft the rest of the ribs on your own. Most fuselage bulkheads aren't shown. Many of the smaller parts aren't shown. You would not only have to be skilled at reading the plans, but also skilled at creating the parts you need by inferring their shapes from the plans.

So to release plans sets would require re-engineering the plans. Because people won't pay that much for plans, it would be very, very difficult for plans sets to sell at even a break-even pace.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: senrak

I believe that the people involved in making these decisions about what to produce don't care what is good for the hobby that we all hold so dear. They care more about the migthy dollar, and how they can get more of them. It is put above all else. That is why RC airplanes are getting bigger and more expensive. The bigger the airplane, the bigger the profits. Do the right thing for a change. Bring back things of real value. Help us teach our kids and grandkids the value of building something with their hands, making it truely their own. Forget about making huge profits for a minute. I would buy kits of the Lanier Stinger, the Goldberg Extra, and the Goldberg Bucker Jungman. The list is as long as you want it to be.
Yes, profits are a motive...but it's not about "huge profits", but "ANY profits". Profits make one able to keep a company in business. Profits pay back loans, pay salaries, pay for new R&D expenditures, and pay for investment in the future, and more. To get those profits, things must actually sell. We'll be glad to produce kits if people will buy them in enough quantities that the development, engineering, marketing, production, and support costs can all be met, with a little extra for the future.

What is "good for the hobby" is what modelers will buy. Plain and simple. There are not enough kit builders to enable companies like ours to offer a large and varied selection of kits, with new ones constantly under development. It's not like it was even ten years ago. You cannot support families with kit production any more. The small kit builders are either charging premium prices for their kits so that they can stay in business, or they are making kits more as a hobby than a business.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:11 PM
smkrcflyer

I'm sure someone has a kit they could trace the die cut parts from. Then we could cut our own kits. That's what I did with the Dynaflite Spitfire and PT-19. I can make as many planes as I need. A parts list and manual are also helpful.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: Bax
The small kit builders are either charging premium prices for their kits so that they can stay in business, or they are making kits more as a hobby than a business.
100% agree with everything you wrote. IMO it's a shame more people don't build, but it's reality and not much a company that needs to survive can do about it.

Talking about small kit makers, has GP ever though about licensing any of the designs to a small kit maker? Forums are a great place where modelers could organize a group buy, pay money to a kit builder up front, then have a run of short kits, plans and fiberglass or ABS parts made.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

Bucker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.