Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

lead plates in battery removal

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

lead plates in battery removal

Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default lead plates in battery removal

One time I heard of someone using lead plates out of a car battery. . I am sure the environmentalists will love this thread, but does anyone know the safe way of getting them out? My idea was to neutralize the acid with baking soda possibly? I am not even sure if the plates are close to the bottom or top, and where a guy would CAREFULLY cut it open to extact the plates once the acid was gone...

I know I am going to be told to just forget it, and I probably will, but it does make me curious if there is away to do it ....
Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM
GaryHarris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lead plates in battery removal

Why?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: lead plates in battery removal

Go to a battery recycler and see if they have any damaged ones you can knock the plates out. There is no real safe way to do it; you just have to want to experiment that much. except for dividers it's all lead. If you need weight old wheel weights at the tire place can be a had for free.