Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Wendell Hostetler Cessna

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Wendell Hostetler Cessna

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Hornet1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wendell Hostetler Cessna

Anyone on the list owns a Cessna from Wendell Hostetler? I would like to build one of the Cessna's (150/152, 172) but would like some input on these planes first. Any information would be grealty apreciated.

Thank you.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Dickkacz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wendell Hostetler Cessna

I am building the Cessna 172 - It isn't a beginner plane. There isn't a assembly manual so you are on your own. I bought a kit but if I build another I will scratch build it. Here is a link to some of my photos - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ler+cessna+172
Old 03-29-2007, 07:15 PM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Wendell Hostetler Cessna

NOT a beginner build for sure!!!
The parts need a little tweaking for fit,But it's all close enough. Just cut them big and sand them down to fit.
I bought a kit(182) Hand cut. Not all the parts fit but they do match the plans. It's my understanding that even the Laser cut kit's have a few problems also.
I believe that if i ever build another plane from Hostetler I would be better off cutting it my self also. All the info you need is on the plans you just have to study them and visualize what it looks like and it will come to you.
Pat