Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Ohio RC Super Chipmunk plans

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Ohio RC Super Chipmunk plans

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ohio RC Super Chipmunk plans

Hey Guys, I'm looking for someone that has these plans. I'm wanting to enlarge them to build a bigger chippy. What I need is a picture of the plans just to look at before I pay 65 bucks for a set of plans. I've never seen the OhioRC plans, so I don't know what's on them. Is the cowl , canopy and rib patterns on the plans? Not looking to build from these pics just something to look at.
Thanks,
Kelly
Old 10-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Smitty 1943

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ohio RC Super Chipmunk plans

ThunderBolt, it has been 12 years since I built mine. I know the plans shoe the outline of the canopy. The canopy and fiberglass cowl came with the kit.Also wheel pants. Great flying plane, should be a real nice 90 or 100 in. plane-Smitty
Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Thunderbolt47

Thanks Smitty, I'm looking at a 150cc size. Maybe 120" or bigger(?) That should be something different.

Kelly
Old 10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Two or three piece wing? Sounds like an interesting project. There's just not many drawing plans now-a-days. Maybe you can talk Wendall Hostettler into doing one? It's a lot of work doing the plug and mold for the cowl, plug for for the canopy etc.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Thunderbolt47

Hey Tony, I was thinking a three piece wing. I haven't really decided which one to build. Retracts or Fixed or Flaps. These are things I will decide on later.

The biggest hurdle I see so far is forming a canopy. That will be a big pull. Also I have a good friend that is experienced a making cowl plugs and I love to carve. So I don't see the cowl as a major problem, but definitely a lot of work.
Still just in the what if stages.
Kelly