Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Lights on Piper PA-18 (but applies to any model!)

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Lights on Piper PA-18 (but applies to any model!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 04:31 PM
fehringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights on Piper PA-18 (but applies to any model!)

Hi
I am currently building a Roedel Piper PA-18 to be used as a glider tow (http://www.roedelmodell.de/deutsch/Index-d.html).
I would like to put positioning lights, strobe lights etc on it. I have already got the strobe lights (2 flashing bulbs and they work great) and found a good source for the positioning lights (http://www.manic-models.co.uk/led.htm).
The problem is: I have no idea where the different colours and the strobes should go. Could anyone help me please?
Old 07-05-2003, 06:40 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

fehringer:

The only colored lights allowed are on the wing tips. Left tip (from the pilot's position) is red, the right tip is green.

They should be masked such that both can be seen from the front, directly above and directly below. neither can be seen from the rear. From either side only the one nearest your point of view can be seen.

The tail should have one white light.

The strobes are to be positioned such that one can be seen from any angle. Usually olaced one on top of the fuselage, and one underneath.

Hope this helps.

Bill.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:57 AM
fehringer

Excellent Bill, that's exactly the information I need. Thanks a lot!
Gerhard
Old 07-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Yak18
My Feedback: (11)

Those Roedel models are great looking! Does anyone know of a US distributor?

Yak
Old 07-08-2003, 06:39 AM
fehringer

Yak,
I can only comment on the Piper PA-18: The quality of the kit is excellent, this is proper stuff! I have read one detailed review (Modell-magazine) and it is very positive, too.
I believe there is no UK-distributor, so I ordered the kit directly from Roedel. Customer service was excellent, very friendly, and posting to the UK was only approx. $20 which amazed me as the box is quite large and heavy - it is a fairly big plane after all!
If you are interested in a kit, I would get directly get in touch with them ([email protected]). But you need to make sure to get English instructions as I am an Austrian living in the UK so I wanted to get German instructions anyway.
Hope this helps,
Gerhard