Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Guitarman52
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit

I have six planes, but all of them are ARF's. I would like to build a kit. What one would you recommend for a beginner. I would prefer a 60 size.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kit

For most people, building is an acquired skill. Trainers usually have lots of good tips in the instructions, valuable for later, more intricate builds. For that reason I would suggest a Sig Kadet (any of them), the Great Planes PT-60, or a Telemaster from Hobby-Lobby.

Just my 2ΒΆ worth,
Dave Olson
Old 12-03-2009, 12:49 PM
carrellh

I agree with Dave. My first kit was a Great Planes PT-60. Even if you have no interest in flying a trainer, you could build one (any size) for the experience and give it (airframe only) to a new guy to make his entry to the hobby a little less expensive.

Then build something you do want to fly. SIG, Great Planes, and Bruce Tharpe kits all have very good manuals. Other probably do too, but these are the ones I've seen or downloaded.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 PM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

A four star would be easy to build, and lots of fun to fly. There are several threads on here to help with the build and a few modifications if you feel up to it.
Alan
Old 12-03-2009, 01:13 PM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

GP 60 size Extra 300, Four Star 60, Goldberg Chipmunk, Goldberg Tiger, GP Super Sportster. All of these are not much harder to build than a trainer, IMO not to difficult for a first build.