Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

pica 1/5 spit

building the pica 1/5 spit and have come to the installation of the retracts.. i purchased the robart 630pspf gear specific for this model and the struts are about 3/4 of an inch to long.has anyone run into this problem, i had thought they were made so exact size as i had to order and wait 8 weeks for them to arrive any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: pica 1/5 spit

Almost all the robostruts have to be cut down on the top and the bushings pressed in flush. It's not a big deal to do, unless you already pressed the bushings in, then you'll have to drift them deeper to the right depth, then trim the excess off. Not a big deal again, but lining up the hole for the set-screw is a PITA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: pica 1/5 spit

thanks i was thinking that may be the case but was not sure as my set did not come with any bushings... curious what you mean by the set screw thing though there does't seem to be a set screw on these ones either..only one to hold the axles in place ?