All the covering is done; I installed the servos, hooked up the control surfaces. Pre balance shows that she is tail heavy. I still need to install the prop, spinner, muffler, and plumb the ailerons. The battier was set in front of the servo tray for pre balancing, so I will move it forward to achieve final balancing. I am waiting on my canopy from FS, the one that came with the plane was dented and warped. I was going to use it for now, but I screwed it up trying to paint it. I will paint the cowl next week, and she should be ready to fly by the fallowing weekend.
I tinkered with the cowl installation. I took some extra servo rubber bushings and glued them to the fuselage as a buffer between the fiberglass cowl and the fuselage. I used 4-40 hex head bolts with blind nuts to hold the cowl in place. Being I did this after she was built and covered, I had to get creative on how I would get the blind nuts in. I learned how to install blind nuts that are hard to get to while redoing the engine mount. I drill the hole then use a scrap piece of weir, thread it threw the hole then feed the blind nut onto the weir with a second piece of weir. You may have to bend the weir to accommodate the situation. Then I feed the bolt in as the weir backs out, the bolt's threads into the blind nut, easy as pie.
I liked the Robart hinges so I went with the Robart ¾ control hors. All in all, this plane was such a joy to build, it was my first kit build, and I learned a lot building her, she is not perfect but she is a very good-looking gal for sure. I bet she will fly great too, so I am very excited to get her ready and in the air. I will be installing the final touches, as I get closer, fuel filter, fill valve, and remote headlock for the glow plug. I like to fly a lot when I am out at the field, so I want to make this bird easy to fill and go.