Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

1/4 Cub Decals Needed

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

1/4 Cub Decals Needed

Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM
tarvma02
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 Cub Decals Needed

I am finishing up recovering my 15 year old Sig 1/4 scale Cub. I used 21st Century fabric which is definitely one of the nicer, easy to use, good looking coverings on the market. It's worth the money and used up a little less than two 15 foot rolls. Watch the heat because too much heat dulls the finish. No big deal, it will all mellow out in the sun. It stretches and shrinks to perfection. I think I'm going to try their film because their products are high quality.

OK, I can make my own lightning bolt, anyone know of a good place for Cub decals (Sig and Hangar Nine have them) and also vinyl N Numbers?

I will post pictures when done. I had an OS 1.60 twin on it and stupidly sold it about 8 years ago after landing the plane inverted after a flame out on a lowwwwwwww pass. I noticed the Magnum 1.60 is no more (not paying $800 for the OS) so I was thinking of buying the new Hangar 9 pre-painted cowling and putting an inverted ASP 1.80 FS on it. Any other ideas on power?

Mike
Old 02-22-2010, 06:46 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 Cub Decals Needed

Zenoah G-20 or G26. I am putting the 26 in my 1/4 Cub still under construction.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8857500/tm.htm

SunDevilPilot
Old 02-22-2010, 06:56 PM
tarvma02
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't owned a gas plane in about 10 years. The last one was a 4.2 Sachs on a 30% Carden extra. I hated how that thing sounded and how much it shook. These 1/4 scale Cubs are so light (especially the rear fuselage), I worry a gasser would shake it to bits.

Have the newer gas engines changed? The OS 1.60 twin has to be one of the smoothest model engines on the planet, I wish I still had mine.

Nice job on the Super Cub.

Mike

Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tarvma02

I haven't owned a gas plane in about 10 years. The last one was a 4.2 Sachs on a 30% Carden extra. I hated how that thing sounded and how much it shook. These 1/4 scale Cubs are so light (especially the rear fuselage), I worry a gasser would shake it to bits.

Have the newer gas engines changed? The OS 1.60 twin has to be one of the smoothest model engines on the planet, I wish I still had mine.

Nice job on the Super Cub.

Mike

Thanks for the compliment.

The G-20 runs great and shakes no more than an average four stroke glow motor. The G-26 vibrates a little more but not excessive. In comparison to some of today's planes the Sig 1/4 Cub is built like a tank. Should be plenty strong for a small gas motor.

SunDevilPilot
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try CFC Graphics for Cub lettering. Any ize, any "N" number.

www.cfcgraphics.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58622.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1389168