Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Dynaflite P51 Mustang Build Manual

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Dynaflite P51 Mustang Build Manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Bluespot51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaflite P51 Mustang Build Manual

Hi All @ RCUniverse,
I have just obtained a Dynaflitye P51 Mustang kit, but after getting it sent the build manual is missing, can anyone help please ! I would love to get this kit built and flying. I do have the plan drawing if any one needs it.

Many Thanks in advance !!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:03 AM
bgfireman
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Dynaflite P51 Mustang Build Manual

Bluespot51,
I built one of these as my first kit. It is a great flyer! I even had the horizontal stab way off. It flew nose low! I wish I could help you with your manual. Good luck
Alan
Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Bluespot51

Hi BGFireman
Thanks for looking at the post, I have just finished a De-Agistini Spitfire before Christmas but it ended its second flight with and early arivall !! so i am hopeing to build this one with a few built in safe guards.

Thanks again, Ill keep looking !

Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 PM
nekked_man_2000

Have you got a manual yet? Is it a .40 or .60 size? I can scan mine for you if needed, but it may take me a while, but then you can print up your own manual. It's about 11 pages so it may take me a while to get around to it.

Austin
Old 03-07-2010, 05:22 AM
VCScott

Hi, when I built mine, all instructions were printed on the plans. Did that change?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:36 AM
nekked_man_2000

I don't know when they changed that. I have the "Marks Model" fun scale mustang, and the instructions are on the "plans"(such as they are). The Dynaflite versions of the kit I built included a complete plan and a 12 page manual for construction. They are also totally different construction, but seem to be the same "design" as far as the airfoil and shape of the plane. At some point after Dynaflite took over the line they redesigned it. I think I read somewhere they had the .60 size designed then redesigned the .40 size to have the same type of construction. But, the .60 size didn't come with a full set of plans either. I currently have a kit of the Marks Models Mustang, and the Dynaflite .60 size. I have plans and book from my kit for the .40 size, and that's enough info to build another one from.

Austin
Old 03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Bluespot51

Hi All,
Thanks for the returns ! I have a plan which is about A0 size showing the outline of the fusalage and dimensions, a small boklet from Jemco with a step by step build, so It looks like I have the whole shootin match.
I was expecting some pictorial and steps to show how it goes together, but I should be able to work out which pieces go where! on the plan.

Realy great thanks to you guys for the help, I think I need to identify all of the parts first, then the hardest part will be putting together the foam wings as they need to be covered with the obeche panels.

I have some pictures of the box, i'll post them tommorow, If I can get them off my phone. darn new tecnology !!

Thanks Again
Pp
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47578.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1392945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52044.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1392946  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello; I have that kit and have just commenced construction. I was daunted by the foam wing, but I'll try it without prejudise. I have already built a balsa wing anyway. I like the interlocking fuselage, it should support the Saito 65 I have in mind for it. Who knows, maybe have some fun.
I don't have the 13 page instruction book, and I see on the plans little reminders to "do this or do that"now. I'll stumble through and make a straight fuselage.

Any brief tips would sure be appreciated.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Bluespot51

Hi Donkey_Doctor,
I see we are both in the same place with the build ! I have just started removing the parts from the precut panels and marking them up!

I do have the small Jemsco instruction booklet , if you would like a copy please drop me an email with your address and I will copy and send,( I think you can find it in my profile, if not i'll swithch it on in the side panel. (I need to find out how !!)

I see you are fitting a Saito 65 sounds quite big to shoehorn it in, how about the prop size ? It say's in the book to fit the engine quite early on in the build so it looks like it could be a problem if too big ?

I have an ASP 60 four stroke to fit (Left over from an uncomissionable Spitfire )
" say no more " bin bag job !!

As we had a very wet winter here in England, half our field was under water and the ground is quite soft. Then quite dramatically after the 100 ft rolling dive all I could see was the leading edge of the Spitfire wing, this was touching the ground nose first, the rest was in the ground, about a foot I would say !! Brand new engine !! but after a spade and quick dig, it was out stripped cleaned and dropped into oil for a soak !! none the worse for wear. Lucky eh !!

The only tips I think I can give is realy the glue's,I like to use the Aliphatic (kind of PVA but seems to be stronger !), and 5 min epoxy. not too keen on the Cyno, as it gives a hard joint, but after a shock it seems break the seal.

I think most probably you have built more kits than me, so you should give me the tips'

I'll post some more picks when I get the hang of this darn phone, nice to" Yak "with you.

Anyway Donkey_Docktor, you have a good build, and If i can help, post me a note, and let you know what we do here in England !

Best Regards
Pp (Dont forget, onward and upward ! )

P.S I just thought, I can PDF the booklet and post it here if nobody objects ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ca81152.pdf (31.1 KB, 289 views)
Je10334.pdf (96.9 KB, 235 views)
In28076.pdf (123.7 KB, 233 views)
Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Bluespot51

Hi Donky_Doctor
Just a Few Pictures of the templates and start of removing the parts for sanding, found a couple panel cut off true and missing the tags to locate in the fusilage panels.
maybe have to fabricate new one's
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97290.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1399406   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45934.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1399407   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29497.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1399408   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un33861.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1399409  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 AM
gregthepilot

Did you ever get the Dynaflite F-82 Twin Mustang manual you wanted? If you did, I also need a copy and will pay a reasonable fee plus postage.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:16 PM
jzamor14

Hello,

I purchased mine with the same problem and without the plan drawing, so i would like to take up you r offer for the plan drawings and i would also like to see if u found the build manuals as well.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Irvi

I need a set of plans for a 40 size dynaflite p-51
Old 03-29-2017, 10:03 PM
jzamor14

I recantlly aquired the plans for myself

Last edited by jzamor14; 03-29-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:26 PM
Denise

Default Hope you can help

Originally Posted by nekked_man_2000
Have you got a manual yet? Is it a .40 or .60 size? I can scan mine for you if needed, but it may take me a while, but then you can print up your own manual. It's about 11 pages so it may take me a while to get around to it.

Austin
Saw your reply to someone else in need of a manual . My father inlaw has been working on his model for about 40 years. We are trying to get him to finish it but the instructions have been misplaced. He has the .40 size.
Are you able to help me?
Denise
Old 02-12-2020, 07:09 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Denise, do you know if it's a P-51 or a Fun Scale Mustang.40? It makes a difference. These are 2 different models made by the same company(that changed names a few times..)

The company would be either Jemco or MarksModels. DynaFlite didn't exist 40yrs ago, or carry either one of the Mustangs until probably 25yrs ago. The planes are different in that the P-51 is much more scale in shape and appearance, the FunScale still looks like a Mustang, but isn't quite as accurate in shape.

Since you say it was 40yrs ago, I'm sure you'll need the whole plan sheet... the instructions were printed on the plan sheet along with the full size plan.

Try this link(hoping it works), for a plan sheet for the Jemco FunScale Mustang.40... see if this might look familiar.

http://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5572

It's a free download, view it on your computer, and if it is the plane, just take the file to a local printer(Kinkos/FedEx/etc..), and have them output it at 100%. It will cost about $10 give or take.

If the link doesn't work, I'll come back and fix it... but give it a shot anyway. I hope this makes sense. Your Dad has to finish that Mustang!! Good luck.

Last edited by DGrant; 02-12-2020 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:59 AM
Denise

Thank you so much! My husband probably exaggerated a bit on the age 🤣 Of the plane. It is a dynaflite .40 and has been gathering dust for a long time.. I will give this link a try. You've been extremely helpful.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:48 AM
DGrant

If he did exagerate, the plans I linked might not exactly match what you have..Unless he got a very early DynaFlite version before they changed it. Since I read it was the 40yr old version the plans/plane I linked were from that era. The DynaFlite version was different though from the MarksModels and older Jemco... MarksModels sold to DynaFlite probably 25yrs ago give or take, and DynaFlite took these types of designs and updated them, so the family of Mustangs they had did go through some changes... If this were the FunScale 60, I actually have those plans in my computer, but the .40 was smaller and different... and obviously there were a few versions produced throughout the years. I've had 3 of these, and now have the .60 size version, and I'm always on the lookout for these kits of any era. They're just that fun. Very memorable models. .

They all had the instructions written on the plan sheet though.. a formal/seperate manual wasn't written. Actually if you Google the plane, and search images, and hit on as many links as you can find, you might come up with what you need as well. These were all popular and fun planes.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:45 AM
Denise

My mistake...he has a 60 engine, not a 40. I have plans for the Jemco Mustang but need the plans for the Dynaflite Mustang P51. He said the Jemco wouldn't work.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:27 PM
DGrant

If in fact he has a DynaFlite Fun Scale Mustang .60 I can help you out I have those plans in PDF and can email them to you with some instructions on how to proceed. I sent you a PM.