Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

You Guys Are Gonna Hate Me!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

You Guys Are Gonna Hate Me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
FentonFlyer
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You Guys Are Gonna Hate Me!

Look what I scored today for 50 bucks!!!

Now does anyone who's built one have any tips?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23281.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1419669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19969.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1419670  
Old 04-17-2010, 02:22 PM
AH1G

Default RE: You Guys Are Gonna Hate Me!

Far from hating you.. Its a great score!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good score, make templates so you can share.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:50 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Holy smoke, that is a score. Good Luck, Dave
Old 04-17-2010, 05:14 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I always hated you before ! but now ! hahahah

Ok so maybe you wern't really on the list before... hahahah
Old 04-18-2010, 09:01 PM
outdoorhunting

Pay no attention to what all the other guys said !! That particular kit has been reported to be infested with the dreaded Amazon balsa beatle. Fortunately for you, I have the only antidote that will kill those pesky little critters !! I will be glad out of the goodness of my heart to help out a fellow modeler in such a mess as you are . I'll give you the money you paid for the infested model + full shipping to my house. As soon as I recieve it, I will decontaminate it & uhh, send it right back to you. Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket. All kidding aside, what a deal !!! That'll make a beautiful plane. Be sure to give us plenty of pics !!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:13 AM
FentonFlyer

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Pay no attention to what all the other guys said !! That particular kit has been reported to be infested with the dreaded Amazon balsa beatle. Fortunately for you, I have the only antidote that will kill those pesky little critters !! I will be glad out of the goodness of my heart to help out a fellow modeler in such a mess as you are . I'll give you the money you paid for the infested model + full shipping to my house. As soon as I recieve it, I will decontaminate it & uhh, send it right back to you. Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket. All kidding aside, what a deal !!! That'll make a beautiful plane. Be sure to give us plenty of pics !!
LOL! Good stuff.

I could hardy believe my eyes when I saw the "50.00" on the box. Couldn't open my wallet fast enough! Another member bought a Tiger 60 kit for $25, but I think I got a better deal
Old 04-19-2010, 07:34 AM
outdoorhunting

What a buy!! It seems like I always get there right after the big bargin is gone. A deal like you got don't come around very often !! Good Luck
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 AM
DaveB

What a great find, I hope. My first thought was the box looked a little light as if some of the parts were missing. I sure hope it's not the case here.

I once bought a Great Planes Cherokee on E-Bay at a great price only to discover the parts required for the fuselage were not with the kit. I knew there was a problem when the package arrive in that the package didn't weigh anywhere close to what the full kit would weigh. There wasn't any fraud involved as the seller had purchased the plane from an estate sale and was not the original owner. My money was refunded, but my good deal disappeared.

DaveB
Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Hate is such a strong word....so................without further delay......................I HATE you!!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:07 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, that's a score to remember, but no, I don't hate you, I got one of those too, with all the glass option parts sitting in my basement, along with the ultimate beside it. It's a great kit and a better flier than most other bipes that are currently offered. Now you gotta go find a pica jungmiester bipe to keep it company at the flight line.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 AM
FentonFlyer

ORIGINAL: DaveB

What a great find, I hope. My first thought was the box looked a little light as if some of the parts were missing. I sure hope it's not the case here.

I once bought a Great Planes Cherokee on E-Bay at a great price only to discover the parts required for the fuselage were not with the kit. I knew there was a problem when the package arrive in that the package didn't weigh anywhere close to what the full kit would weigh. There wasn't any fraud involved as the seller had purchased the plane from an estate sale and was not the original owner. My money was refunded, but my good deal disappeared.

DaveB
It's all there. The first thing I asked was if it was complete
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's an awesome score! I built one 14 years ago and still have it. Finish was fabric and paint, powered with a Saito 1.50. Paint scheme was the same as the box art and it never failed to turn heads at the field. Good luck with your Bucker and keep us posted on the build.

FB