Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
Results 2,376 to 2,380 of 2380

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thank you very much for detailing your build, and the maiden flight. I would be very interested to hear if anyone else has flown a "stock" Taipan, to see how different it flies, as compared to the Ultra Sport.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Congratulations Jim on a successful maiden!!

Considing what you said about how it flies, i will duplicate your mods on amine which i hope to start this weekend.

Did you put retracts or the stock fixed gear in yours?

EDIT: looking the pics you posted of the seems you did... I bookmarked the ones you listed from Tower Hobbies, plus I have a set of air retracts from an old Hobbico ARF from many years ago that may work if there is room for the tank.

Thanks,
    Bill S.
    Last edited by Twin_Flyer; 07-09-2014 at 05:22 AM.
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood #56
    Goldberg Tiger Club #17
    SIG Brotherhood #69

Ultra Sport Brotherhood #135
    http://radiocontrolhobbies.freeservers.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    jim, im glad you are happy with the tiapan.

my ultra sport 60 built in feb1986 or 7 (i cant remember without my notes) has the amount of dihedral the tiapan has, flew great on alcohal and now on electric. now that the tiapan has shown me the light i may have to recover it and add a hatch in the process.

i bought a tiapan for my son, because he took one of my ulra sport kits and started it and there it sits. well i built the tiapan with stock dihedral and it sits in the corner waiting to be test flown. i hope tomorrow it will get weight off wheels, only time will tell.

Joe
    If it doesn't fly it wount cetch my eye.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Joe:

Look for straight flight that slowly curves off one way or the other and rolls that rotate faster on the first 180 degrees than the second 180. It will want to roll back out of knife edge, also. Those are all characteristics of not enough dihedral in a low wing aerobatic plane.

I don't think the differences will be dramatic. The stock Taipan will probably just not feel as "locked-in" or "true" or "on a rail" as the Ultra Sport.

Jim
    Last edited by jrf; 07-09-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks jim, i,ve found that its just as grovey as any of my wwii fighters if not more, and reacts alot in turns like them as well. if i don't use rudder in turns they are knife edge turns or a skewed immelman/chandelle which is good training for warbirds. the one thing i have noticed i dont care for is on landing it wount settle to a wheels down and even attitude wanting to stay in what ever small bank it is in. i hope the tiapan acts the same cause it is what he needs. a reliable plane with WWII fighter charactoristics.

Joe
    If it doesn't fly it wount cetch my eye.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596